Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
The first virtual Asian Trader Awards this February saw SPAR Falkirk come away with the Impulse Retailer of the Year accolade.
Specialising in Food to Go solutions and high end beers, wines and spirits, independent SPAR Scotland retailer Anand Cheema opened his first store at Maggie Wood’s Loan in the heart of Falkirk in August 2020. 24 year old Anand said: “I have been in retail all my life, from as old as I can remember. I hope that I can aspire other young retailers to take the leap and run their own stores in the future, bringing in innovation and modernising the trade for the future.
“I am truly honoured to win this award, recognised for my impulse merchandising and sales in store in a short space of time, especially as these are the biggest convenience store awards in the UK.
“What makes this that little more special is that I come from Asian heritage originating in the Punjab and there have been so many great Asian retailers in the past who have been shortlisted and won the awards, including my mum and dad. Hopefully, I can bring the main award home with me for SPAR and my family next time round!”
Anand has invested heavily in the store, bringing Food to Go options to customers such as Costa, F’real, Fwip, Millions, Tango Ice Blast and Tropical Ice. The 2200sq ft store has recently had some exciting spirit offers with numerous bottles selling at values of £1600, £2500 and £3400, including labels from Balvenie Distillery and Rosebank Distillery.
Mike Leonard, Sales Director for SPAR Scotland, added: “It’s great to see one of our new SPAR retailers win at the Asian Trader Awards. Anand is exactly the type of retailer we view as part of our future strategy of bringing ambitious young retailers into the SPAR Scotland family.
“Congratulations to Anand and all the SPAR Falkirk team on winning the Impulse Retailer of the Year.”
Find your local SPAR