Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
- SPAR Scotland rolls out new food-to-go brand, CJ's
- £10k Quids In Winner Announced
- SPAR's Virtual Conference
- SPAR Haworth re-opens
- SPAR Wins Big
- The future of convenience is with SPAR
- SPAR Scotland & Scottish FA
- Wellbank welcomes SPAR store
- SPAR Scotland unveils new lorry designed by 8 year old
- Community Cashback Winners Announced
- SPAR Moffat Driven to Success
- SPAR Scotland Ready For More
- SPAR Scotland Launches Euros Campaign
- Record Sales with CJ's
- SPAR Scotland trials fruit campaign
- The First SPAR UK Fresh Concept Store Opens in NI
- SPAR Scotland launch driver apprenticeship scheme
- Blakemore Retail Launches First SPAR Market Store
- Roadchef chooses EDGEPoS for its SPAR stores
- SPAR celebrates opening in Blantyre
- CJ Lang Receives RoSPA Award
- SPAR MD Louise Hoste Announced as New Chair of ACS
- The Convenience Awards 2021 winners revealed
- Award Winning Spirits
- Luxury Mince Pies Win BBC Good Food Award
The leading convenience retailer, SPAR Scotland, is applauding dedicated staff who went above and beyond during the recent Beast from the East 2.
Last week’s heavy snowfall did not daunt staff at the depot in Dundee who assisted over the course of the week to ensure service went as smoothly and as efficiently as possible and they have been recognised by management. Over the week 650,000 cases were scanned in, replenished, picked, loaded and delivered to SPAR convenience stores around Scotland ensuring SPAR was there for all communities during Beast from the East 2.
Round the clock snow clearing and gritting by eight staff, daily, kept the depot operation moving. Tuesday 9th February required 20 helpers from all over the distribution department just to keep the depot open. Each lorry took an average of 30 minutes to dig out of snow, load and depart.
Colin McLean, CEO from SPAR Scotland, said: “Extraordinary situations called for extraordinary responses and I am so proud of how our entire team pulled together to ensure community SPAR stores received their deliveries. We had staff members who walked up to 2.5 hours to get to and from work and others who drove around in their own car collecting stranded colleagues to help them get in and out of work. The depot has put out larger volumes in the past but never have we faced such adversity. Weather warnings, blizzards, jack knifed lorries in car parks and closed roads proved extremely difficult, but everyone rose to the challenge and we delivered the goods.”
In addition to all depot workers assisting, staff at SPAR Scotland stores cleared pathways and accesses around stores to allow customers to get safely in and out as well as enabling large vehicles to deliver.
“It showed us what a great team we have at SPAR Scotland. Everyone really has pulled together to play their role in helping communities while combating the Beast from the East. They are our unsung heroes,” McLean concluded.
SPAR Scotland is a family owned Scottish wholesale and convenience business.
Find your local SPAR