Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
James Hall & Co’s SPAR-branded food donation bins have helped raise nearly £20,000 in food donations for food banks across the north.
The food donation bins have been rolled out across James Hall & Co’s company-owned stores and been made available to independent SPAR retailers.
Tomas Garliauskas, CSR project co-ordinator at James Hall, said: “The demand on local food banks increased dramatically during lockdown and although many retailers were collecting food donations before Covid-19, we wanted to create a coherent, branded stand to catch customers’ eyes and promote local food banks in need.
“The branded food bank collection points help SPAR retailers promote the fantastic work our company-owned stores and independent SPAR retailers have been doing in supporting local people.”
Donations to the food banks include tinned fruit & vegetables, toilet roll and toiletries, baby products and pet food, cereals and soups, long-life milk, and condiments.
Find your local SPAR