SPAR #PeoplesPodium competition Terms and Conditions
1. By entering this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions governing this promotion and by any other requirements set out in related promotional materials.
2. The title of the promotion is Spar #PeoplesPodium.
3. The promotion is open to UK residents (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland mainland only) aged 16 or over excluding employees, and their immediate families, of Spar UK (the “Promoter”) or any Spar UK holding companies or subsidiary.
4. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and claim your prize. The Promoter may ask the winner to provide proof of age.
5. The Promotion will begin at 00:01 on 17th May 2018 and will end at 23:59 on 8th July 2018 (“Promotion Period”).
6. All promotion entries received after 23:59 on 8th July 2018 will be automatically disqualified.
7. Prizes: There are six prizes available to be won;
i. Five prizes consisting of £2,000 for local sporting community projects (each a “Winner”)
ii. One ‘Grand Prize’ with a prize of £10,000 for a local sporting community project
8. The five Winners will be selected to provide a representation across Great Britain and Northern Ireland. They will be announced between 10th June 2018 and 21st July 2018 by press release and through the Promotor’s social media channels. Please check the Promotor’s Facebook page (@SPARintheUK) for updates.
9. All entries will automatically be entered into the Grand Prize draw. The 5 winners will automatically be shortlisted for the Grand Prize, as will 3 additional entries.
10. Should the Grand Prize by awarded to a winner of the £2,000, the total prize money will be £10,000.
11. The Grand Prize winner will be announced between 8th July 2018 and 22nd July 2018 by press release and through the Promotor’s social media channels. Please check the Promotor’s Facebook page (@SPARintheUK) for updates.
12. Prizes will be awarded by Spar UK following an overview of how the prize money will be spent on the community project / team in accordance with paragraph 20 below.
13. To enter: nominate your local hero via:
i. SPAR’s Facebook page at @SPARintheUK or @SPARNorthernIreland
ii. SPAR’s website via the Woobox Plugin
iii. Trinity Mirror / media partner’s website (TBC)
iv. Twitter using #PeoplesPodium within your Tweet
14. Each entrant may only nominate one local hero once during the entirety of the campaign.
15. Each entry will need to include the name of the person who is nominated for exceptional service in their local community through sport and information on the sporting project which would be eligible for the prize fund.
16. Internet access is required to enter.
17. Any content, which contains discriminatory, offensive, explicit material, will be removed and will not be entered into the Promotion.
18. The Promoter will not accept promotion entries that are:
i. automatically generated by computer; or
19. In entering the promotion, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and the nominee is eligible to claim the prize if awarded. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition. The nominee may be contacted to confirm their eligibility for the promotion and agreement to these terms.
20. Prize Conditions:
i. 100% of the prize must be put towards the funding of a local sporting community project within the winning nominee’s local area.
ii. The winning nominee must show proof to SPAR within 6 months of receiving the prize that 100% of the funds have gone into supporting a local sporting community project. If the Winning Nominee cannot prove to SPAR that the prize fund has gone to a local sporting community project, then SPAR reserve the right to reclaim the prize fund.
21. Each of the winners will be selected by a judging panel, made up of three representatives. One representative each from SPAR, SPAR’s Media Partner and British Athletics.
22. The nominations will be judged based on the strength of the story, levels of dedication to their community and the credibility of the project which would receive the funding.
23. The Winning Nominator will be notified via direct correspondent through the platform they nominated on. The five prize winners will then have 14 days to respond to confirm acceptance of the prize, if a winner does not respond to the Promoter within this time, they will forfeit their prize and the Promoter shall select another winner at random from all remaining valid entries.
24. All prizes will be given to the winners within 6 months of the Muller Anniversary Games on 22nd July pending background checks on their nominated project.
25. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
27. The Promoter will not accept proof of transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the promotion.
28. All winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in reasonable promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and images in promotional material.
29. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize (including to any guests), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
30. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
31. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
32. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the promotion or accepting the prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with this promotion.
33. The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this promotion with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of the Promoter in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
34. The Promoter will not change the Promotion Period unless forced to do so by circumstances outside their reasonable control. If changed, the Promoter will take all reasonable steps to ensure that consumers who participated with the original terms and conditions will not be disadvantaged.
35. If a winning entry from a draw is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and a new winner of the prize will be randomly selected.
36. The Promoter reserves the right to publish the names and counties of residence of the winner(s).
37. Entrants’ names, Facebook and twitter.com account details, submitted photographs, telephone number, address, and email addresses may be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing this promotion. This data will be retained for a maximum of 2 years, after which it will be deleted.
38. By accepting the prizes, the Winning Nominators agree that the Promoter may feature the Winners' name, submitted photograph and postal districts/counties for promotional purposes and you and the Winning Nominator agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter and store the Promotion entry for such purposes.
39. No correspondence will be entered into. The decision of SPAR is final.
40. It is the Winners’ responsibility to comply (at their own expense) with any laws requiring payment of any tax, duty, levy or similar impost relating to the award of the prize, and SPAR shall have no responsibility in respect thereof.
41. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the rights to exclude you from participating in the Promotion.
42. These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
44. Promoter: SPAR (UK) Limited Hygeia Building, 66-68 College Road Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 1BE.