Serves: 4 people
Cook Time: 30 mins
Quick and easy SPAR recipe for chicken tikka masala. One of the nation’s favourite Indian dishes, perfect for a cosy weekend indoors with friends. Serve with fluffy steamed rice, naan bread, crispy poppadoms or some sweet mango chutney.
What you'll need
3tbsp masala paste
450g chicken breast
1 tbsp oil
1 green chillis
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
200ml double cream
steamed rice, naan, poppadoms and mango chutney to serve
1. Place 3 tablespoons tikka masala paste in a large bowl and stir in 450g chopped chicken breast. Marinate for at least 10 minutes or cover and chill overnight.
2. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large pan and fry the chicken and 1 sliced onion for 5 minutes until beginning to brown.
3. Add 1 chopped green chilli and 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes. Simmer for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Stir in 200ml double cream and a pinch of sugar and warm through.
5. Serve with steamed rice, naan, poppadoms and mango chutney.
Get everything you need for your chicken tikka masala recipe at your local convenience store and impress your friends with a taste of India.
SPAR Californian White
California's sunny climate ripens grapes to offer a generous, full-flavoured and rounded white wine which will balance the rich flavours and mild spiciness of the Chicken Tikka Masala