Serves: 4 people
Cook Time: 30 mins
Quick and easy SPAR recipe for chicken tikka masala. One of the nation’s favourite Indian dishes, perfect for a cosy weekend indoors with friends. Serve with fluffy steamed rice, naan bread, crispy poppadoms or some sweet mango chutney.
What you'll need
- 3tbsp masala paste
- 450g chicken breast
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion
- 1 green chillis
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 200ml double cream
- pinch sugar
- steamed rice, naan, poppadoms and mango chutney to serve
- Place 3 tablespoons tikka masala paste in a large bowl and stir in 450g chopped chicken breast. Marinate for at least 10 minutes or cover and chill overnight.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large pan and fry the chicken and 1 sliced onion for 5 minutes until beginning to brown.
- Add 1 chopped green chilli and 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes. Simmer for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in 200ml double cream and a pinch of sugar and warm through.
- Serve with steamed rice, naan, poppadoms and mango chutney.
Get everything you need for your chicken tikka masala recipe at your local convenience store and impress your friends with a taste of India.
SPAR Californian White
California's sunny climate ripens grapes to offer a generous, full-flavoured and rounded white wine which will balance the rich flavours and mild spiciness of the Chicken Tikka Masala