Trying out a new vegan diet? Follow these simple steps to an easy vegan meal and serve up a treat to your vegan friends and family. Pair with cauliflower rice, poppadoms or vegan naan for a dinner that’s full of flavour and packed with goodness.
Cook Time: 45 mins
Got vegan guests coming round for dinner? Throw together this deliciously easy vegan curry for a tasty treat. Perfect for friendly feasts or a mid-week dinner – simply stow away any extra portions in the freezer for a rainy day!
What you'll need
1x onion, chopped
1x pepper, chopped
400g of spinach
2x sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1x fresh tomato, chopped
2 tsp extra virgin oil
½ tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp cumin seeds
5 tsp curry powder
3 tsp red chilli powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tsp lemon juice
Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- After a few minutes, add the chopped onion and pepper and let them cook away for 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- Then add the sweet potato and the rest of the herbs, spices and seasonings (dried coriander, curry powder, chilli powder, salt and ground pepper).
- Drain and add the chickpeas to cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the passata and add the chopped tomato with some water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, then cover and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the sweet potato is cooked through and your curry sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the coconut milk and cook for a couple of minutes before adding the spinach and cooking until wilted.
- Turn off the heat and add the lemon juice, garnishing with some chopped fresh coriander.