Follow our easy gingerbread men recipe for the perfect seasonal treat to make this year extra special.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and ginger. This can also be mixed together using a food processor.
- Next, add in the butter, sugar and cream together until the mixture is fluffy.
- Place the beaten egg and the golden syrup into the mixing bowl or food processor, stirring until the dough has come together. Then wrap the mixture in cling film and place in the fridge to cool for 10-15 minute
- Whilst you’re waiting for your gingerbread biscuits’ mixture to cool, pre-heat the oven to 180⁰C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Next, remove your mixture from the fridge and roll it out onto a floured surface. Using Christmas gingerbread men pastry cutters, cut out your shapes and place onto the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the gingerbread men are golden brown.
- Once baked, leave to stand on the cooling rack for 10 mins. When they are cool, you can begin decorating your gingerbread men using writing icing and cake decorations as needed.
- Leave icing and cake decorations to set for another 10 mins. Then, your gingerbread man cookies are ready to serve.
And that’s our Christmas gingerbread recipe! Serve up as a tasty treat alongside a mug of hot chocolate or deliver in bulk as a festive surprise for a friend – because everyone needs to feel the festive cheer this year. Find everything you need for your Christmas gingerbread men recipe from your nearest convenience store today.
Sign up to our E-Newsletter for more fun festive recipes, guides, and regular SPAR updates.