1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and ginger. This can also be mixed together by using a food processor.
2. Next, add in the butter, sugar and cream together until the mixture is fluffy.
3. Place the beaten egg and the golden syrup into the mixing bowl or food processor, stirring until the mixture has come together. Then, wrap the mixture in cling film and place in the fridge to cool for 10-15 mins.
4. Whilst you’re waiting for your mixture to cool, pre-heat the oven to 180⁰C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
5. Next, remove your mixture from the fridge and roll it out onto a floured surface. Using gingerbread men pastry cutters, cut out your gingerbread men shapes and place onto the baking tray.
6. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the gingerbread men are golden brown.
7. Once baked, leave to stand on the cooling rack for 10 mins. When they are cool, you can begin decorating your gingerbread men using writing icing and cake decorations as needed.
8. Leave icing and cake decorations to set for another 10 mins. Then, your gingerbread man cookies are ready to serve.
9. Serve up your gingerbread men cookies as a tasty treat alongside a mug of hot chocolate or deliver in bulk as a festive surprise for a friend. Find everything you need for your Christmas gingerbread men recipe from your nearest convenience store today.
*Recipe adapted from Foodista, licensed under CC BY 3.0.