Cook Time: 40 mins
Vegan cooking doesn't have to be complicated. Here's a healthy recipe that is all cooked in one pot!
What you'll need
- 2 tbsp Spar Olive Oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 250g red split lentils
- 1 400g tin Spar Chopped Tomatoes
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1 400g tin Spar Chickpeas, drained
- 1 pack spinach leaves
- Heat your olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add your onion, chilli and ginger and stir fry for five minutes. Add the spices and cook for two minutes more.
- Add the butternut squash and fry off for a further five minutes and then add your lentils, chopped tomatoes and stock. Give a big stir and then lower the heat – cook for around 25 minutes or so until the lentils are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir through the chickpeas and spinach until the greens are wilted and the chickpeas warm. Serve with plain yoghurt if wished!
Like our One Pot recipe for Chilli con Carne? Why not take a look at the below: