One Pot Recipe - Butternut Squash & Spinach Dahl
SPAR Easy Meals
Cook Time: 40 mins
Vegan cooking doesn't have to be complicated. Here's a healthy recipe that is all cooked in one pot!
What you'll need
- 2 tbsp Spar Olive Oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 250g red split lentils
- 1 400g tin Spar Chopped Tomatoes
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1 400g tin Spar Chickpeas, drained
- 1 pack spinach leaves
- Heat your olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add your onion, chilli and ginger and stir fry for five minutes. Add the spices and cook for two minutes more.
- Add the butternut squash and fry off for a further five minutes and then add your lentils, chopped tomatoes and stock. Give a big stir and then lower the heat – cook for around 25 minutes or so until the lentils are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir through the chickpeas and spinach until the greens are wilted and the chickpeas warm. Serve with a dollop of plain yoghurt if you wish!
Like this One Pot recipe? Why not take a look at the below: