Apply now for School Sports Grants
Get Free Sports Grant for your School!
As part of our mission to support schools in the UK, we are offering local schools a chance to receive a £200 grant to help them hold a successful sports day. We know how important sports are for keeping children active and healthy, and we want to make sure that every school has the necessary sports kits and equipment to make their sports days as enjoyable as possible.
SPAR School Sports Day Grants Scheme - Terms and Conditions
1. Grant Provider: SPAR (UK) Limited Hygeia Building, 66-68 College Road Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 1BE.
By entering this Scheme, applicants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions governing this scheme and by any other requirements set out in related promotional materials.
- The title of the campaign is the School Sports Day Grants Scheme.
Grants will be awarded to schools in the United Kingdom.
Definition of “school”. According to the Education Act 1996: School means an educational institution which is outside the further education sector and the higher education sector and is an institution for providing—
(b)secondary education, or
(c)both primary and secondary education, whether or not the institution also provides part-time education suitable to the requirements of junior pupils or further education.
- Grants are open to UK schools (England, Scotland and Wales only).
- If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to apply. The Grant Provider may ask the successful applicants to provide proof of age.
7. The scheme will be live for applications from 8th Feb – 20th March 2024
8. All applications received after 23:59 on 20th of March 2024 will not be counted.
9. Grants: There are grants available, covering all geographical regions across the UK (see list below). Each school can claim a grant of up to £200. With SPAR (UK) Limited supporting school sports days to a total amount of £50,000
Scotland (CJ Lang & Son Ltd)
South-West England (Appleby Westward Group Limited)
North England (James Hall & Co Ltd)
Wales, Midlands, South-East and London (A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd)
10. The successful schools will be selected to provide a representation across Great Britain They will be announced between w/c 6th May and w/c 27th May by website and through the Promotor’s social media channels which include Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Please check the Promotor’s pages for updates.
11. All entries will be considered for the £200 grant with SPAR and its holding companies choosing which organisations receive each grant.
12. Grants will be awarded by SPAR UK following an overview of how the grant money will be spent by the school in accordance with paragraph 14 below.
13. To apply go to:
i. SPAR UK website via the form at https://www.spar.co.uk/school-sports-kits-apply/
14. Each school may only apply for one grant during the entirety of the application live period.
- Each application will need to include:
Contact details of the applicant
The name of the of the school that the grant would be for
Information on what the grant would be spent on
Entries must also include contact details for someone at the organisation.
Nearest SPAR store
16. Internet access and a valid email address is required to enter.
17. Any content, which contains discriminatory, offensive, explicit material, will be removed, and deleted.
18. The Grant Provider will not accept applications that are:
i. automatically generated by computer; or
19. In applying, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and the school is eligible to claim the grant if awarded. The Grant Provider may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the scheme.
20. Grant Conditions:
i.100% of the grant must be put towards the funding of sports equipment at the school
The successful applicants must show proof to SPAR within 6 months of receiving the grant that 100% of the funds have gone into supporting the school. If the successful applicant cannot prove to SPAR that the grant has gone to a school, then SPAR reserve the right to reclaim the prize fund.
21. Each of the successful schools will be selected by SPAR and the relevant region holding company i.e. CJ Lang & Son Ltd for Scotland.
22. The grants will be given based on the strength of the story, levels of dedication to their school and the credibility of what the grant would be spent on.
23. The successful applications will be notified via a direct correspondent via the contact’s details given in the application form. The successful applicants will then have 14 days to respond to confirm acceptance of the grant, if an applicant does not respond to the Promoter within this time, they will forfeit their prize and the Promoter shall select another winner at random from all remaining valid entries.
23. All grants will be given to the applicants within 6 months of the application close date (20th March), pending background checks on their organisation. If a chosen person/organisation fails background checks, then a new applicant will be chosen by the Grant Provider.
24. The Grant Provider’s decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. The Grant Provider accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected applications, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
26. All successful applicants must, at the Grant Provider’s request, participate in a reasonable promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the awarding of the grant and future activity such as featuring in the 2024 Scheme Advertising through re-visiting 2023 successful applications to see how the grant has impacted their organisation and local community, free of charge, and they consent to the Grant Provider using their name and images in promotional material.
27. The Grant provider and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this scheme or accepting or using the grant (including to any guests), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
28. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
29. If for any reason any aspect of this scheme is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Grant Provider which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this scheme, the Grant Provider may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the scheme, or invalidate any affected entries.
31. The Grant Provider accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the scheme or accepting the grant, except where it is caused by the negligence of the Grant Provider, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. The Grant Provider further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with this scheme.
32. The Grant Provider reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this scheme with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected, or actual fraud). The decision of the Grant Provider in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
33. The Grant Provider will not change the Scheme Period unless forced to do so by circumstances outside their reasonable control. If changed, the Grant Provider will take all reasonable steps to ensure that consumers who participated with the original terms and conditions will not be disadvantaged.
34. If an applicant is selected to be awarded the grant but then is deemed not to comply with these conditions of the application, the application will be discarded and a new applicant will be awarded the grant.
35. The Grant Provider reserves the right to publish the names and counties of residence of the winner(s).
36. Applicants’ names, telephone number, address, and email addresses may be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing the application. This data will be retained for a maximum of 2 years, after which it will be deleted.
37. By accepting the grant, the successful applicants agree that the Grant Provider may feature the applicants' name, organisation and photography for promotional purposes and you agree to give the Grant Provider a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter and store the scheme entry for such purposes.
37. No correspondence will be entered into. The decision of SPAR is final.
38. It is the Successful candidates’ responsibility to comply (at their own expense) with any laws requiring payment of any tax, duty, levy or similar impost relating to the award of the grant, and SPAR shall have no responsibility in respect thereof.
39. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Grant Provider may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the Scheme.
40. These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
This scheme is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, or any other social media platform. You understand that you are providing your information to SPAR UK and its holding companies only.
- Successful applicants’ names and counties may be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to SPAR (UK) Limited Hygeia Building, 66-68 College Road Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 1BE no later than 7 working days after the closing date. Applications to this address will NOT be accepted.
By applying for this scheme the applicants are deemed to have read, understand, and accepted all of the terms and conditions.
GB applicants only (England, Scotland & Wales only). Applications close at midnight 21.03.24 Grants are available across four regions; 1. Scotland 2. South-West of England 3. North of England and 4. Wales, Midlands, London & South-East of England and amounts of up to £200 are available. With SPAR UK supporting school sports days to a total amount of £50,000 . Parental/guardian consent is required for applicants under 18. 100% of grant must be put towards funding of sports equipment within a school. Publicity obligations apply. Full T&C’s available at https://www.spar.co.uk/school-sports-kits-apply/