Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
Certas Energy has today confirmed the purchase of seven forecourts in the North East of England as the company continues to grow its Gulf network across the UK. The portfolio of forecourts, with a combined volume of 31million litres, was purchased from Marla and Gus Saggu.
“We are delighted to have concluded this acquisition of seven well-run forecourts and a highly capable and community-minded team of people,” enthuses Richard Billington, Director, Certas Energy. “It’s a good fit for our business and adds further strength to our company-operation. We already have a strong Gulf presence in the North East and these sites will be an ideal complement to our thriving Dealer operation.”
The sites will be rebranded to Gulf in March whilst simultaneously transforming each shop into the latest-design SPAR C-store.
“We are taking on a healthy business that will be further enhanced by our stunning new Gulf livery and award-winning loyalty platform, Oomph,” continues Richard. “Working alongside SPAR and with ongoing investment, we see huge potential at each location.”
Marla and Gus Saggu commented, “It feels like the end of an era but we are very pleased to be handing over the business and, in particular, our people to Certas Energy who, we are sure, will do great things with them.”
Certas Energy is the UK’s largest independent supplier of fuels and lubricants and includes over 500 Gulf branded forecourts within its retail portfolio. The seven newly acquired forecourts are located in Bishop Auckland, Crook, Howden-le-Wear, South Shields, Stockton, West Rainton and Witton Gilbert.
Find your local SPAR