Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
- SPAR Scotland rolls out new food-to-go brand, CJ's
- £10k Quids In Winner Announced
- SPAR's Virtual Conference
- SPAR Haworth re-opens
- SPAR Wins Big
- The future of convenience is with SPAR
- SPAR Scotland & Scottish FA
- Wellbank welcomes SPAR store
- SPAR Scotland unveils new lorry designed by 8 year old
- Community Cashback Winners Announced
- SPAR Moffat Driven to Success
- SPAR Scotland Ready For More
- SPAR Scotland Launches Euros Campaign
- Record Sales with CJ's
- SPAR Scotland trials fruit campaign
- The First SPAR UK Fresh Concept Store Opens in NI
- SPAR Scotland launch driver apprenticeship scheme
- Blakemore Retail Launches First SPAR Market Store
- Roadchef chooses EDGEPoS for its SPAR stores
- SPAR celebrates opening in Blantyre
- CJ Lang Receives RoSPA Award
- SPAR MD Louise Hoste Announced as New Chair of ACS
- The Convenience Awards 2021 winners revealed
Our Northern Ireland partner, Henderson Group has been honoured twice in Business in the Community’s new look Responsible Business Awards for 2020.
Both the Wholesale and Technology companies have been named Responsible Business Champions at the annual awards event which seeks to honour businesses in Northern Ireland ‘…demonstrating strong, inclusive leadership, who continuously innovate to tackle pressing social issues and repair and rebuild our planet’.
Henderson Group, which employs over 4,000 staff, was named a Responsible Business Champion in the Wellbeing at Work category for their Well Aware strategy, while Henderson Technology took the same honour for the Responsible Digital Innovation Award for its partnership with Gander, the mobile app which helps stores clear more ‘reduced to clear’ food products to lower food waste.
The Group’s Well Aware programme, which was re-launched with a new strategy in 2018, has resulted in a decline in absence rates recorded from Jan ’18 – Dec ’19, an excellent staff retention rate and a more engaged workforce which has resulted in increased Group sales of over 9%.
Meanwhile, the Gander app has been supplied to 350 SPAR, EUROSPAR and ViVO branded stores free of charge, with over 41,000 user downloads of the app and on average, stores are reporting a 5% reduction in food waste.
“As a Group, our employee wellbeing is critical to our success, and as a family run business, we make the welfare of our teams a priority throughout the year,” said Sam Davidson, Group human resources director. “The Well Aware team’s hard work since relaunching in 2018 has been proven effective in increasing employee satisfaction and staff retention and I’m delighted they have been honoured by Business in the Community.”
Darren Nickels, retail technology operations director at Henderson Technology, said: “Working with Gander to implement the app’s use with our stores here in Northern Ireland has been a hugely successful example of showing the effect of technology and innovation to better the world around us. Driving down food waste is a Group-wide priority, and Gander is cost-effective as well as providing a tangible solution for retailers and shoppers alike. We’ve seen great results and look forward to it continuing.”
Kieran Harding, managing director, Business in the Community, said: “Congratulations to Henderson Wholesale and Henderson Technology.
“There is no doubt that 2020 has been a very different year to the one we expected; however, throughout the pandemic so far I am continually heartened by the determination of companies across Northern Ireland to be even more responsible through their activities as they take care of their people, the environment and their communities.
“We have moved to recognising our Responsible Business Champions for 2020 rather than highlighting one Award winner in each category. We feel this is the right thing to do in a year where a celebration event does not seem quite so fitting, but recognition of responsible business is still absolutely vital.”
Find your local SPAR