Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
- SPAR Scotland rolls out new food-to-go brand, CJ's
- £10k Quids In Winner Announced
- SPAR's Virtual Conference
- SPAR Haworth re-opens
- SPAR Wins Big
- The future of convenience is with SPAR
- SPAR Scotland & Scottish FA
- Wellbank welcomes SPAR store
- SPAR Scotland unveils new lorry designed by 8 year old
- Community Cashback Winners Announced
- SPAR Moffat Driven to Success
- SPAR Scotland Ready For More
- SPAR Scotland Launches Euros Campaign
- Record Sales with CJ's
- SPAR Scotland trials fruit campaign
- The First SPAR UK Fresh Concept Store Opens in NI
- SPAR Scotland launch driver apprenticeship scheme
- Blakemore Retail Launches First SPAR Market Store
- Roadchef chooses EDGEPoS for its SPAR stores
- SPAR celebrates opening in Blantyre
- CJ Lang Receives RoSPA Award
This festive season, the UK’s leading convenience store group, SPAR, is spreading Christmas cheer by donating sandwiches and treats to Nurses and staff at several Marie Curie Hospice across the UK.
Deliveries of the SPAR Turkey Feast Christmas sandwiches and treats to the hospices based in Edinburgh, Hampstead, West Midlands and Newcastle were made this week to thank staff for the care and support they have provided to dying people, with and without coronavirus, this year. In addition to the special delivery, SPAR is donating 10p from the sale of each of its Turkey Feast sandwich to Marie Curie.
Tom Heron, Senior Partnership Manager at Marie Curie, said: “Our nurses and hospice staff work incredibly hard but this year has been particularly challenging for everyone. Nurses constantly put others before themselves so it’s wonderful to know they’ll have sandwiches and treats to enjoy at the end of their shifts. This is a very thoughtful and generous donation from SPAR, thank you.”
Madeleine Blowing, Brand & Digital Executive at SPAR UK Ltd, said: “Communities are at the heart of everything we do so it was our pleasure to deliver sandwiches and sweet treats to the hospices who do so much for their communities. During a year of such uncertainty and change, it is even more important for us to support Marie Curie and ensure they can continue delivering such vital care and support to families across the UK.”
Marie Curie is the UK’s leading end of life charity and nurses have been working on the frontline providing nursing care and support for dying people with and without coronavirus. Marie Curie Nurses and hospice staff continue working throughout Christmas to ensure patients and their loved ones receive vital care and support at the end of life.
In addition to donating sandwiches, SPAR also responded to coronavirus pandemic and the logistical challenge the charity was facing in distributing crucial PPE to its Nurses. In the North and South West of England, Marie Curie Nurses are able to collect essential PPE from their local SPAR convenience store and continue caring for dying people and their loved ones during this unprecedented time.
SPAR’s festive sandwiches are available in selected SPAR stores around the UK until 27 December 2020. SPAR will donate 10p from the sale of every Turkey Feast sandwich to Marie Curie.
SPAR has been Marie Curie’s national charity partner since 2017 and in that time the convenience store group has raised £1.67m for the charity.
- Marie Curie Nurse Sara Peasland pictured with a Christmas sandwich donated by SPAR
- L-R: Sarah Dickinson (IPU Manager), John McDonald (Healthcare Assistant), and Ann Kay (Registered Nurse) at the Marie Curie Edinburgh hospice
- Audrey pictured with some festive treats
Find your local SPAR