Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
- SPAR Scotland rolls out new food-to-go brand, CJ's
- £10k Quids In Winner Announced
- SPAR's Virtual Conference
- SPAR Haworth re-opens
- SPAR Wins Big
- The future of convenience is with SPAR
- SPAR Scotland & Scottish FA
- Wellbank welcomes SPAR store
- SPAR Scotland unveils new lorry designed by 8 year old
- Community Cashback Winners Announced
- SPAR Moffat Driven to Success
- SPAR Scotland Ready For More
- SPAR Scotland Launches Euros Campaign
- Record Sales with CJ's
- SPAR Scotland trials fruit campaign
- The First SPAR UK Fresh Concept Store Opens in NI
- SPAR Scotland launch driver apprenticeship scheme
- Blakemore Retail Launches First SPAR Market Store
- Roadchef chooses EDGEPoS for its SPAR stores
- SPAR celebrates opening in Blantyre
- CJ Lang Receives RoSPA Award
- SPAR MD Louise Hoste Announced as New Chair of ACS
- The Convenience Awards 2021 winners revealed
- Award Winning Spirits
- Luxury Mince Pies Win BBC Good Food Award
- Healthy Living Programme
- SPAR Sandwiches Passes £600k for Marie Curie
- A.F. Blakemore & Son Well Positioned for Growth
- SPAR renews sponsorship of Lancashire School Games
- New SPAR and Shell forecourt opens
- SPAR signs deal with Burnley FC
- Royal Visit to Devizes SPAR
- SPAR Scotland and Rollover give to Marie Curie
- Win Your Shop
- SPAR Launches 100% Vegan Wine Range
- SPAR Scotland Tradeshow 2022
- SPAR supports Dynamic New Athletics Competition
- SPAR Scotland Wins Community Award
- Blackburn schools dominate Boccia tournament
- SPAR appoints new Non-Executive Chair
- SPAR Scotland launches Future Stars competition
- New concept store at SPAR Aberystwyth
- The Wall Group opens fourth SPAR NI store with £3M investment
- Scottish Independent SPAR Retailers start free fruit trials with HLP
- Blackpool hosts first indoor sports hall athletics events in three years
- A.F. Blakemore to launch an interactive augmented reality (AR) game app
- SPAR launches £100k Community Cashback scheme
- CJ Lang launch their first SPAR Market format
- The SPAR Lancashire School Games baton reached Burnley
- Blakemore Retail Opens New Purpose-Built SPAR in Spalding
- SPAR Scotland commences major store development programme
- SPAR own label expands for summer BBQs
- James Hall & Co. Ltd expands its greener fleet
- SPAR Scotland’s Future Stars Cup celebrates return to action
- Winter Gardens crowd are wowed by talent at SPAR Lancashire School Games Dance Finals
- SPAR Retail Show 2022: New World, New Opportunities
- SPAR launches new partnership with Deliveroo
- SPAR Scotland relaunches seasonal showcase stores at Balmacara and Spean Bridge
- James Hall & Co. Ltd holds social event with SPAR retailers in Chester
- Hundreds of retailers attend supplier-packed GAP Convenience Distribution Ltd tradeshow
- RNLI supports SPAR Lancashire School Games
- Neath Port Talbot, Norwich and Dunfermline come out top as best communities in the UK
- Tristan and Claire King Scoop Top Retailer Prize at SRS 2022
- One thousand children compete at SPAR Lancashire School Games Finale as event returns to Blackpool after three-year hiatus
- SPAR stores join Coastal Clean-up initiative
- Festival foodie types revealed
Hundreds of schoolchildren in Morecambe and Fleetwood saw the RNLI support the Lancashire School Games baton relay handover.
Working in partnership with Active Lancashire and the School Games Organiser Network, the RNLI took to the waves with the baton having received it from children Morecambe Road Special School.
Departing Morecambe to cheering crowds, the baton went out to sea on Morecambe RNLI’s inshore rescue lifeboat, where it met Fleetwood’s all-weather lifeboat for the handover midway.
The baton then returned to shore at Fleetwood and was greeted by schoolchildren from Great Eccleston Copp CE Primary School. It is making its way around the Red Rose County ahead of the SPAR Lancashire School Games Finale in Blackpool’s Stanley Park on Tuesday 5th July.
The Lancashire School Games have been sponsored by SPAR for 15 years, through SPAR UK’s North of England wholesaler and distributor James Hall & Co. Ltd, based in Preston.
The Games are run by Active Lancashire and the School Games Organiser Network, and they provide children and young people with the opportunities to have fun, develop skills, and achieve personal bests through activities and competitions across the academic year.
The aim of the 2022 Games is to help young people recover from the effects of pandemic, and support those who may have been impacted the most, through activity and positive experiences.
Tim Fletcher, Heysham School Games Organiser, said: “As soon as I heard the baton relay was going to be part of this year’s SPAR Lancashire School Games, I was thinking of a unique way of transporting the baton on to the next of Lancashire’s districts.
“The RNLI were very accommodating to the idea when I approached them, and our valued sponsors at SPAR have been open to the ideas myself and other School Games Organisers have had to passing the baton around the county.
“We had perfect conditions on the water for the handover and I think the event really will have inspired the hundreds of children that were on the waterfront at either Morecambe or Fleetwood.”
Helen Harvey, a volunteer with Morecambe RNLI, said: “From the moment we were asked to do the baton relay exchange, Morecambe RNLI were excited to be involved.
“It is important to us that we are part of the community at Morecambe, and we invest lots of time educating the local schools about the RNLI and water safety.
“It was a great turnout to watch the baton exchange – all the children were very excited, cheering and waving from the shoreline when we took to the waves to meet Fleetwood for the baton handover. I think it has been a fantastic collaboration from all parties involved. The crew had a great time, and we were pleased to be part of it.”
You can find out more about James Hall & Co. Ltd at www.jameshall.co.uk.
Further information on Active Lancashire can be found at www.activelancashire.org.uk.
Find your local SPAR