Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
- SPAR Scotland rolls out new food-to-go brand, CJ's
- £10k Quids In Winner Announced
- SPAR's Virtual Conference
- SPAR Haworth re-opens
- SPAR Wins Big
- The future of convenience is with SPAR
- SPAR Scotland & Scottish FA
- Wellbank welcomes SPAR store
- SPAR Scotland unveils new lorry designed by 8 year old
- Community Cashback Winners Announced
- SPAR Moffat Driven to Success
- SPAR Scotland Ready For More
- SPAR Scotland Launches Euros Campaign
- Record Sales with CJ's
- SPAR Scotland trials fruit campaign
- The First SPAR UK Fresh Concept Store Opens in NI
- SPAR Scotland launch driver apprenticeship scheme
- Blakemore Retail Launches First SPAR Market Store
- Roadchef chooses EDGEPoS for its SPAR stores
- SPAR celebrates opening in Blantyre
- CJ Lang Receives RoSPA Award
- SPAR MD Louise Hoste Announced as New Chair of ACS
- The Convenience Awards 2021 winners revealed
- Award Winning Spirits
- Luxury Mince Pies Win BBC Good Food Award
- Healthy Living Programme
- SPAR Sandwiches Passes £600k for Marie Curie
Roadchef, one of the country’s leading motorway service area providers, has chosen EDGEPoS from Henderson Technology for nine of its SPAR store sites. The installation project started in early June at Norton Canes, with three lanes including one Self-Checkout. The roll out to all remaining eight stores will be completed by August 2021.
Announcing the partnership, Henderson Technology Retail Technology Operations Director, Darren Nickels said: “We are delighted to have been selected by Roadchef to roll out EDGEPoS across its nine SPAR branded stores. Through a competitive tender process, the team at Roadchef looked for a progressive, future proof, EPOS system that could offer a Self-Checkout option at all of its stores. They also required a Head Office system that allowed full control of all operational activities which could be integrated with the SPAR National HUB, freeing up managers in-store to focus on growing sales and manage the shop floor more efficiently.
“EDGEPoS meets all their needs and they will be the first SPAR stores to benefit from the newly developed SPAR National HUB link with EDGEPoS. We are looking forward to a long and successful partnership with Roadchef over the years to come,” he added.
Mark Rogers, Retail Director at Roadchef, said: “EDGEPoS from Henderson Technology has been selected as the EPOS solution for our SPAR store estate across England. They have more than lived up to their reputation in the sector. We have been really impressed from the moment we started discussions on our requirements.
“We were looking for an EPOS provider who could provide market-leading technology and were at the forefront of retail innovation. Our requirements were specific and included suggested ordering, Self-Checkouts, Head office functionality and control with live reporting, an integration with ESELs and sales and margin reports. This was to be backed by a reliable helpdesk and support team.
“Since we have started to work together Henderson Technology and EDGEPoS has delivered on all counts,” he added. Roadchef operates 30 Motorway Services across Britain from Norton Canes to Watford Gap featuring popular brands such as McDonalds, Costa & Leon, serving over 52 million customers a year. Henderson Technology is one of the largest EPOS suppliers in UK with over 700 sites globally.
Find your local SPAR