Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
- SPAR Scotland rolls out new food-to-go brand, CJ's
- £10k Quids In Winner Announced
- SPAR's Virtual Conference
- SPAR Haworth re-opens
- SPAR Wins Big
- The future of convenience is with SPAR
- SPAR Scotland & Scottish FA
- Wellbank welcomes SPAR store
- SPAR Scotland unveils new lorry designed by 8 year old
- Community Cashback Winners Announced
- SPAR Moffat Driven to Success
- SPAR Scotland Ready For More
- SPAR Scotland Launches Euros Campaign
- Record Sales with CJ's
- SPAR Scotland trials fruit campaign
- The First SPAR UK Fresh Concept Store Opens in NI
- SPAR Scotland launch driver apprenticeship scheme
- Blakemore Retail Launches First SPAR Market Store
- Roadchef chooses EDGEPoS for its SPAR stores
- SPAR celebrates opening in Blantyre
- CJ Lang Receives RoSPA Award
Our stores across the UK have stepped up their coronavirus safety measures with the provision of automatic hand sanitiser stations for shoppers to use in-store. We have developed an automatic unit to reduce contact and this has now been rolled out to stores in England, Scotland and Wales.
The unit has been designed to stand out with bright colours and also highlights our support for the NHS.
Our retail director, Ian Taylor, said: “The health and safety of our store, wholesale colleagues and customers has been our primary concern during the pandemic and we are very pleased to be able to offer a number of hand sanitiser solutions as an added safety measure for staff and shoppers. The automatic hand sanitiser stations we have developed are positioned front of store and are designed to stop cross-infection.”
All Blakemore Retail company-owned SPAR stores have been issued with a hand sanitiser dispensing unit positioned next to the baskets front of store.
The same units are available for Blakemore Trade Partners’ independent SPAR stores.
In Northern Ireland, Henderson Group has invested more than £1m in health and safety measures, including hands-free sanitiser dispensers for their SPAR stores.
Measures already in place across our SPAR stores include:
- A cap on the number of customers allowed in-store at any one time
- Floor markers to indicate social distancing
- Enhanced cleaning regimes across all stores
“The importance of community retailing has never been more prevalent than it is today and we are committed to providing a safe shopping experience for all our customers,” Taylor said.
Find your local SPAR