Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
- SPAR Scotland rolls out new food-to-go brand, CJ's
- £10k Quids In Winner Announced
- SPAR's Virtual Conference
- SPAR Haworth re-opens
- SPAR Wins Big
- The future of convenience is with SPAR
- SPAR Scotland & Scottish FA
- Wellbank welcomes SPAR store
- SPAR Scotland unveils new lorry designed by 8 year old
- Community Cashback Winners Announced
- SPAR Moffat Driven to Success
- SPAR Scotland Ready For More
- SPAR Scotland Launches Euros Campaign
- Record Sales with CJ's
- SPAR Scotland trials fruit campaign
- The First SPAR UK Fresh Concept Store Opens in NI
- SPAR Scotland launch driver apprenticeship scheme
- Blakemore Retail Launches First SPAR Market Store
- Roadchef chooses EDGEPoS for its SPAR stores
- SPAR celebrates opening in Blantyre
- CJ Lang Receives RoSPA Award
CJ Lang & Son Ltd, the leading wholesaler in Scotland, has invested in a new driver apprenticeship scheme to ensure the business meets the needs of the growing convenience store estate it supplies.
The company has recruited new drivers and warehouse operatives in recent weeks and has welcomed Graeme Findlay, from GTG Training, to start module 1 of the Driver Apprenticeship Scheme. The new scheme allows CJ Lang logistics colleagues to demonstrate their competencies in carrying out their role to the best of their abilities with a range of flexible skills.
Alan Brown, CJ Lang Distribution Centre Manager, said: “CJ Lang is delighted to be working in partnership with GTG Training. As part of our development programme, we believe that, with the right skills, a few of our colleagues can be our HGV drivers of tomorrow.
“The scheme facilitates this progression from warehouse to distribution plus all our HGV Class 2 drivers will be upskilled to HGV 1. All colleagues on the scheme will have the opportunity to apply for a nationally recognised vocational qualification.”
The CJ Lang & Son Logistics division is working in partnership with GTG Training on a Modern Apprenticeship Scheme in Driving Goods Vehicles (Level 3) to help fill the future skill shortage of HGV drivers in the logistics industry.
GTG Training has been providing high quality training courses and education in a wide range of areas including Transport and Automotive Technical and has cemented its position as one of the UK's most innovative, experienced and qualified training establishments in Scotland. The CJ Lang Apprentice Scheme is available to colleagues aged between 18 - 24 years.
“We recognise that within our internal workforce we have an existing talent base, and we are delighted to have the opportunity to invest and develop their skills to be our drivers of tomorrow.” said Brown.
“Our vision for the future is for our multi-drop drivers to have a flexible range of logistics skills and upskilled to HGV 1 with a nationally recognised qualification in Driving Goods Vehicles (Level 3). This will demonstrate the capability and competence of our CJ Lang drivers.” he added.
Find your local SPAR