Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
James Hall & Co., SPAR wholesaler for the north of England, has knocked down and rebuilt one of its company owned SPAR stores in Maryport, Cumbria.
Relaunched to offer customers the very best in modern convenience shopping, SPAR Maryport now features a 24 hour, 3,000 sq ft. SPAR store with a dedicated North West butchery counter and large deli, and 8 Shell fuel pumps.
The large SPAR store opened on Thursday 21st January and offers a fantastic selection of every day essentials: fresh foods, cold beers and wines, a premium wine section and freshly ground Fairtrade 100% Arabica coffee, with a Cheeky Coffee loyalty scheme for regular customers.
Also on offer is Tango Ice Blast and F’Real milkshakes, smoothies and frappe, and a hot ‘grab and go’ selection of savouries, sandwiches, pasties, pies, and breakfast barms.
Fiona Drummond, Company Owned Stores Director at James Hall & Co. said, “SPAR Maryport plays a vital role in serving its local community and has always been popular with customers. In a time where many supermarkets are scaling back on their deli and fresh meat counters, we have found an increase in shoppers wanting to pick up quality, fresh foods from their local SPAR store. We have reconfigured the store layout to include extra services for local people including a Graham Eyes butchery counter and Clayton Park Deli. Graham Eyes is an award winning family business steeped in North West history, offering quality produce at affordable prices, and Clayton Park originates from Accrington in Lancashire, offering fresh food-to-go including handmade sandwiches, salads and savoury snacks, and fresh cream cakes. A selection of ethnic products from another North West brand, Fazilas, are also available in-store.”
Fiona added, “This refurbishment is a significant investment for the community of Maryport and has created six new jobs for local people. SPAR Maryport will play an important role in serving local people during and beyond the current crisis, and to safeguard shoppers, we have implemented social distancing measures throughout the store. We look forward to welcoming new and existing SPAR customers when shopping for their essential items.”
Find your local SPAR