Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
- SPAR Scotland rolls out new food-to-go brand, CJ's
- £10k Quids In Winner Announced
- SPAR's Virtual Conference
- SPAR Haworth re-opens
- SPAR Wins Big
- The future of convenience is with SPAR
- SPAR Scotland & Scottish FA
- Wellbank welcomes SPAR store
- SPAR Scotland unveils new lorry designed by 8 year old
- Community Cashback Winners Announced
- SPAR Moffat Driven to Success
- SPAR Scotland Ready For More
- SPAR Scotland Launches Euros Campaign
- Record Sales with CJ's
- SPAR Scotland trials fruit campaign
- The First SPAR UK Fresh Concept Store Opens in NI
We are celebrating 44 medal wins for our delicious wines & spirits from five award bodies including at the International Wine Challenge (IWC), the International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC), the International Spirits Challenge (ISC), the Global Masters and the Sud de France Top 100 competition.
The two break out stars of the competitions were our Prosecco Superiore Valdobbiadene & our Wildflower Pinot Noir. Our elegant fizz has peach & white pear flavours in perfect balance, and the beautiful bottle makes it a great gifting option. Our smooth medium-bodied Pinot Noir has notes of raspberry, cherry and strawberry, with just a hint of oak,.
Find out more about our wins below:
International Wine Challenge (IWC)
At the annual International Wine Challenge we took home a total of 29 awards including two silver medals!
We scooped silver awards for its popular Prosecco Superiore Valdobbiadene DOCG (£9.99) and SPAR Wildflower Pinot Noir (£7.49), the only convenience store brand to pick up this number of awards! We also won a further 17 Bronze and 10 commended medals at the event.
International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC)
We also claimed 11 medals at the International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC), with our Prosecco Superiore Valdobbiadene DOCG (£9.99) gaining another silver medal along with the SPAR Wildflower Pinot Noir (£7.49) winning a bronze medal. Overall we took home one silver and 10 bronze medals.
International Spirits Challenge (ISC)
The International Spirits Challenge (ISC) provided two medals for our gins. The SPAR Harmonist Gin (£19.99) won a silver medal and the SPAR London Dry Gin (£12.19) won a bronze medal.
The Global Pinot Noir Masters
Our Wildflower Pinot Noir (£7.49) received a third accolade by gaining another bronze medal at the Global Pinot Noir Masters run by The Drinks Business. The competition forms part of its successful Masters series for noble grape varieties such as Pinot Noir.
Sud de France Top 100
Finally the winners of the Sud de France Top 100 competition unveiled SPAR’s Regional Selection Languedoc Red (£7.49) as one of the top 100 wines produced in the south of France. A fantastic feat and a first for a SPAR own label wine.
Adam Georgiou, SPAR UK Brand Manager, said: “We work very hard to offer our customers fantastic quality wines at great prices. We are delighted to win 44 medals from these five events. We are particularly proud of our Prosecco Superiore Valdobbiadene DOCG (£9.99) which has won two silver medals and our Wildflower Pinot Noir (£7.49) which won one silver and two bronze medals. These award medals from such distinguished bodies mark independent recognition for our SPAR own brand wine and spirit range – which is available only at SPAR stores across England, Scotland and Wales. We are proud to have some of the best quality and great tasting wines and spirits in the market available at great value prices. These awards highlight what fantastic wine is available at SPAR and we are delighted to see our own brand wine and gin ranges receive great recognition.”
Find your local SPAR