- Mix the self-raising flour, baking powder, sugar and a pinch of salt together in a bowl or mixing jug.
- Once mixed, make a well in the bowl and add the eggs, 25g of melted butter and the milk.
- Whisk together until the batter is smooth. This is easiest with an electric whisk or hand beater, but you can do this with a wooden spoon if needed. Top tip: Once whisked, you can add some berries or chocolate chips into the batter if you wish.
- Heat the last 5g of butter in a pan and cook your pancakes, flipping them once they are golden brown.
- Serve with your choice of topping.
So, if a delicious breakfast dish is what you desire, look no further than our easy American style pancake recipe. With the salty bacon and sweet maple syrup – it's a match made in heaven! Pick up all the ingredients you need for this sweet treat from your local SPAR. Love our recipe for American style pancakes? Sign up to our E-newsletter for some more delicious surprises – from seasonal recipes and guides, to our latest deals and competitions.