This easy to follow american style pancake recipe will feed a crowd and children will love that you can add your own toppings! Follow our recipe for pancake batter and add whatever ingredients you fancy to make them your own!
Cook Time: 5 mins
Serve these fluffy pancakes with with blueberries, maple syrup or even crispy bacon for an American breakfast fit for a king.
What you'll need
200g self-raising flour
30g melted butter
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp caster sugar
Blueberries or other fresh berries
Streaky Bacon (fried until crispy)
1. Mix the self-raising flour, baking powder, sugar and a pinch of salt together in a bowl or mixing jug.
2. Once mixed, make a well in the bowl and add the eggs, 25g of melted butter and the milk.
3. Whisk together until smooth. This is easiest with an electric whisk or hand beaters but you can do this with a wooden spoon if needed. Once whisked, you can add some berries into the batter if you wish.
4. Heat the last 5g of butter in a pan and cook your pancakes, flipping them once they are golden brown.
5. Serve with crispy bacon, fresh berries and maple syrup.