1. Butter your loaf tin or brioche mould.
2. Using either a food processor or by hand, knead the plain flour and butter together to create a thick dough.
3. Stir in the salt, sugar and yeast to the mixture. Next, add the 3 eggs and knead for 2 minutes until the dough is soft.
4. Place the kneaded dough into your loaf tin, smooth side up. Leave to rise for 1 hour in a warm environment until it has doubled in size.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 200⁰ C
6. Beat the egg yolk in a small bowl. Using a pastry brush, glaze the dough before putting into the oven. Bake for 20minutes until golden brown.
7. Tip the bread out on to a cooling rack. Once left to stand for 10 minutes, and your homemade brioche is ready to serve.
Whether you’re using it as a side for soup, a solo snack topped with jam, or creating a meal with topped garlic mushrooms or pâté, there are endless ways to team up your homemade brioche. Find everything you need for your brioche bread recipe from your nearest convenience store.
*Recipe adapted from Foodista, licensed under CC BY 3.0.