Find a brioche recipe that can act as a toasted breakfast, a side order for lunch or a tasty midnight snack, all thanks to SPAR. Our Italian brioche bread recipe is easy to make and even better to eat – because you just can’t beat a rich brioche loaf.
At a Glance
How to make Brioche
With our simple Italian brioche bread recipe, baking this delicious snack couldn’t be easier! Whether you’re looking to impress guests or for new ways to spice up the weekday dinners, learn how to make brioche bread the easy way. Perfect for burgers, French toast and even delicious.
What you'll need:
- 60g sugar
- 10g salt
- 250g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 20g fast-action yeast
- 100g butter
- Egg yolk, to glaze
- Butter your loaf tin or brioche mould.
- Using either a food processor or your hands, in a large mixing bowl, knead the plain flour and butter together to form a dough resembling breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the salt, sugar and yeast until combined. Next, add the 3 eggs and mix until it becomes a soft dough.
- Tip the dough onto a floured work surface, knead for a couple of minutes and shape into a ball.
- Place the kneaded dough into your loaf tin, smooth side up. Leave to rise for one hour in a warm environment until it has doubled in size.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200⁰C.
- Beat the egg yolk in a small bowl. Using a pastry brush, glaze the dough before putting it into the oven. Bake for 20 minutes until your brioche loaf is golden brown.
- Tip the brioche bread out on to a cooling rack. Once left to stand for 10 minutes, your homemade brioche is ready to serve!
Whether you’re using it as a side for a hearty soup, a solo snack topped with jam, or part of a meal with garlic mushrooms or pâté, there are endless ways to team up your homemade brioche bread.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!