Chicken Tikka Masala
A classic Indian-inspired, cosy meal for those chilly evenings. Once you learn this recipe you'll never need to get a takeaway again! Pair with steamed rice, naan, poppadoms and mango chutney for your perfect fakeaway tea!
At a Glance
How to make a Chicken Tikka Masala
Quick and easy SPAR recipe for chicken tikka masala. One of the nation’s favourite Indian dishes, perfect for a cosy weekend indoors with friends. Serve with fluffy steamed rice, naan bread, crispy poppadoms or some sweet mango chutney.
What you'll need:
- 3tbsp masala paste (*check its gluten free)
- 450g chicken breast
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion
- 1 green chillis
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 200ml double cream
- pinch sugar
- steamed rice, naan, poppadoms and mango chutney to serve
- Place 3 tablespoons tikka masala paste in a large bowl and stir in 450g chopped chicken breast. Marinate for at least 10 minutes or cover and chill overnight.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large pan and fry the chicken and 1 sliced onion for 5 minutes until beginning to brown.
- Add 1 chopped green chilli and 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes. Simmer for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in 200ml double cream and a pinch of sugar and warm through.
- Serve with steamed rice, naan, poppadoms and mango chutney.
A simple vegan curry recipe bursting with aromatic flavours? Veganuary is looking delicious!
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!