What better way to celebrate the season in style than with a festive Christmas cheesecake? Combining the seasonal colours of red and white, discover our red velvet cheesecake cake recipe to create a festive feel to any dessert selection come Christmas Day.
At a Glance
How To Make Christmas Cheesecake
Christmas dinner may be filling - but there’s always room for dessert! Learn how to make the perfect Christmas cheesecake to finish off the feast today.
Let your guests relax after the big meal with a slice of mouth-watering homemade cheesecake. Find out how to make the perfect red velvet Christmas cheesecake recipe today.
What you'll need:
- 150g Butter (softened)
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 150g Flour
- 150g Powdered Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 bottle Red Food Colouring
- ½ Lemon Juice
- 80g Sour Cream
- 110g Sugar
- 450g Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Flour
- 120g Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Powder Sugar
- 250g Mascarpone Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰ C and line your baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- First, to make the cake, cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until the mixture is pale and fluffy. Add both eggs one by one, continually stirring.
- Next, mix in the flour, baking powder and salt until all the ingredients are combined. Add in the red food colouring until all the mixture is an even festive-red colour.
- Transfer the mixture into your baking tray and cook for 30 mins.
- To make your cheesecake, mix the sour cream, sugar, cream cheese, eggs, vanilla extract and flour together until smooth.
- Bake this mixture for 10 minutes at 180⁰C, then reduce the heat to 150⁰C and bake for 40 mins.
- Once the middle of the cheesecake is set, wait until it has completely cooled and transfer it to the freezer to chill.
- To make the frosting, mix together the cream, sugar and cheese.
- Lastly, you need to assemble your Christmas cheesecake. Using a skewer, poke holes in the cake and drizzle with lemon juice. Once the cake has soaked up the liquid, cover it with a thin layer of frosting.
- Finally, place the cheesecake on top of the frosting. Let the cheesecake set for 40-45 mins to ensure it has thawed before you serve.
Serve up your Christmas cheesecake recipe with a dribble of pouring cream, a squirt of whipped cream or some festive fruit on the side. Find everything you need for your red velvet cheesecake recipe at your local SPAR today. Or sign up to our E-Newsletter to receive foodie updates, offers and more.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!