Kids Pizza Party!
Pizza dough is easy enough for the kids to make themselves, they’ll enjoy getting their hands into the sticky dough, kneading and rolling out. Then let them have some fun with different toppings, making faces with lots of ingredients.
At a Glance
How to make homemade pizza
Say goodbye to the frozen aisle with our easy homemade pizza recipe, which doubles up as a really fun indoor activity with the kids! Perfect for lunch or dinner these pizzas will be a firm favourite with parents & children alike. Find the ingredients & step-by-step guide to our pizza recipe below.
What you'll need:
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp of herbs (mixed or oregano works well)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 300g strong white flour
- 1 tsp easy blend yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
To make the sauce:
- Peel and chop 1 onion and 1 garlic clove. Heat a tablespoon olive oil in a pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in 400g chopped tomatoes with herbs and leave to gently simmer for 10 minutes. If you like a smooth sauce blend with a stick blender.
To make the bases:
- Sift flour into a large mixing bowl, stir in the yeast and some salt and pepper. Add the oil and gradually stir in 200ml warm water (just warm enough for you fingers to feel warm), mix together to form a dough.
- Knead dough for around 3 minutes on a floured work top. Preheat the oven to 200C. Divide into 4 pieces and roll or hand stretch the dough to around 15 cm, place on lightly floured baking trays.
- Spread some of the sauce over the top and add your toppings of choice. Bake for 10 minutes until the base is golden and the toppings bubbling. If you have sauce left over freeze for next time.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!