Mango & Coconut Grilled Chicken Fajitas
Looking for something easy, fresh and healthy to serve in the lighter evenings? Look no further than this simple recipe and discover how to make chicken fajitas with delicious mango, coconut and chilli flavourings.
At a Glance
How to make Mango & Coconut Grilled Chicken Fajitas
The lighter evenings give you and your family more opportunities to enjoy your time outdoors, including meal times. Spring and summer call for fresh, healthy food that’s simple to prepare but still tastes delicious. Here’s a perfect dish for a mild evening on the garden patio: mango, coconut & chilli grilled chicken fajitas.
What you'll need:
- 1 x SPAR Mango & Coconut chicken sizzlers 330g
- 1 x SPAR 6 Plain Tortilla Wraps
- 1 x SPAR Crispy Leaf Salad 125g
- 1 x SPAR Tomato Salsa 170g
- 150g of cheddar cheese
- 2 x peppers, different colours
- Reduced fat sour cream
- Olive oil
*To make your own mango chicken, marinate 4 chicken breasts in a bowl with a jar of mango chutney and coconut shavings and chilli flakes to taste. Leave for two hours.
- Preheat your grill (or barbecue if you fancy!).
- Place the mango chicken sizzlers onto the grill, evenly spaced and leave for 2 minutes. No need to add any oil.
- Whilst the sizzlers start to sear, grate your cheese.
- Return to the grill and turn your chicken. Continue to turn 4-5 times every few minutes until the chicken is evenly coloured and fully cooked.
- Take your peppers and stand them on their stalks. Place your knife near the centre of the pepper and slice vertically down each of the 4 edges, keeping clear of the seeds and core, to leave 4 even sized pieces. Brush gently with olive oil and add to the grill, turning regularly until softened and charred.
- Put your tortillas in the microwave and heat for no more than 40 seconds.
- Slice both your chicken and peppers into thin strips.
- Take your warmed tortillas and gently sprinkle a handful of grated cheese in the centre. Top with equal amounts of chicken, both colours of pepper, a spoon of salsa and sour cream, then fold.
- Place 2 fajitas on each plate and serve with a portion of mixed salad leaves.