One Pot Recipe - Butternut Squash & Spinach Dahl
A hearty homemade meal is all you need on a cold Autumn evening. And what's even better about this one, is it is made all in one pot!
At a Glance
How to make Butternut Squash & Spinach Dahl
Vegan cooking doesn't have to be complicated. Here's a healthy recipe that is all cooked in one pot! Satisfying and cosy, this butternut squash and spinach dhal is so tasty it'll be hard not to go back for seconds!
What you'll need:
- 2 tbsp Spar Olive Oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 250g red split lentils
- 1 400g tin Spar Chopped Tomatoes
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1 400g tin Spar Chickpeas, drained
- 1 pack spinach leaves
- Heat your olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add your onion, chilli and ginger and stir fry for five minutes. Add the spices and cook for two minutes more.
- Add the butternut squash and fry off for a further five minutes and then add your lentils, chopped tomatoes and stock. Give a big stir and then lower the heat – cook for around 25 minutes or so until the lentils are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir through the chickpeas and spinach until the greens are wilted and the chickpeas warm. Serve with a dollop of plain yoghurt if you wish!
Always wondered how to make chilli con carne from scratch?
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!