Creamy Avocado Pasta
Need to whip something up in a hurry, but don't want to compromise on taste? How about a scrumptious avocado pasta dish with all the goodness of whole-grain pasta and avocados for a quick lunch or dinner fix!
At a Glance
How to make Creamy Avocado Pasta
Whole wheat pasta is more nutritious than regular. Do not overcook pasta, make it al dente, it will become softer when served with the sauce. The recipe is loaded with healthy fats.
What you'll need:
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- 150 g whole grain pasta
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 g fresh basil
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 large avocado
- few tablespoons of water, if too thick
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 thumb fresh ginger, grated (optional)
- Prepare pasta in hot boiling water.
- Meanwhile, prepare the avocado sauce. Add avocado flesh to a bowl and mash by using a fork until creamy.
- Add in 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, basil leaves, ginger, and garlic. Mix well with your hands. If it’s too thick, add a few tablespoons of water.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain well and transfer back to the pot. Add in avocado sauce and stir well.
- Add in cherry tomatoes and season with a bit of salt.
- Remove to a serving bowl and garnish with sesame seeds.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!