Sausage and bean one-pot
Looking for a delicious and healthy one-pot meal that won't break the bank? Say hello to our sensational Sausage and Bean dish! It's packed with protein, fibre and essential nutrients to keep you feeling satisfied and energized.🌟
At a Glance
How to make Sausage and bean one-pot
Simplify your cooking routine without compromising on taste or nutrition. With just one pot, you can create a mouthwatering meal that will have your taste buds dancing with joy! Give it a try today! 😋
What you'll need:
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus an extra drizzle (optional)
- 8 large pork sausages
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- Sprinkle of golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100ml red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 400g can butter beans, drained but not rinsed
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a shallow ovenproof casserole over a medium heat and gently fry the sausages for 5-8 mins, or until brown on all sides.
- Transfer sausages onto a plate using tongs.
- Tip the onions into the pan and fry for 5-8 mins until beginning to turn golden.
- Drizzle in a little more oil if the onions start to stick.
- Sprinkle in the sugar and cook for a minute before stirring in the vinegar, tomato purée and paprika to form a paste.
- Tip in the tomatoes, then pour the wine into the tomato can, swish it round, and add to the pan.
- Stir in the bay leaves and beans, then slice the sausages and add to the pan.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, then bake in the oven for 20 mins.
- Leave to stand for a few minutes, then take to the table and serve from the dish.
Top Tip: Breadcrumbs are a great way to use up stale bread. Mix the breadcrumbs with garlic and parsley, stir in 1 tbsp oil. Scatter the topping over the casserole and bake for a further 10 mins until the breadcrumbs are golden and crisp.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!