1. Start by preheating the oven to 180⁰ While it’s heating, slice your 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts into even chunks.
2. In a large frying pan, add onion, oil, garlic and pepper on a high heat. Cook until the onion is soft.
3. Next, add the sliced chicken. Once sealed, remove from the heat and leave in the pan to one side.
4. Using the chopping board, finely slice your chorizo into small slices. Set the chorizo to one side.
5. Boil your pasta for 2 minutes less than is stated on the packaging (the pasta will continue cooking when in the oven so it’s best to leave it slightly harder than usual before baking it).
6. Drain your pasta but make sure to retain a small amount of the pasta water – this allows you the option to reduce the thickness of the sauce later if needed.
7. Combine your pasta and meat with your choice of sauce into an ovenproof dish, tomato works well. Mix together to ensure the pasta has been covered by the sauce and all ingredients have been mixed in together.
8. Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 10 minutes – your chicken and chorizo pasta bake is now ready to eat!
Now your chicken chorizo pasta is complete, it’s time to serve. Prepare on its own as a classic flavour filled dish or pair up with some tasty garlic bread – perfect for a family feed or for impressing guests. Find everything you need for your chicken and chorizo pasta bake recipe from your nearest convenience store.
*Recipe adapted from Foodista, licensed under CC BY 3.0.