- Start by making the sauce for your easy enchiladas. Heat a saucepan over medium heat and melt your butter. Once melted, add onions, garlic, coriander, salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, begin to stir in your flour, pickled jalapeños and sour cream. Once mixed, add these ingredients to your saucepan and combine with the onions. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken stock on a high heat and whisk until thickened for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat your oven to 200° C. Brush a large, shallow baking tray with sunflower oil Before lining up your tray with tortillas, ready to be filled.
- Put your chicken into a mixing bowl and stir ¾ of your sauce in to make your filling, ensuring all sauce is mixed in well.
- Place your filling evenly across each of your three tortillas in your baking tray, roll up and place seam side down.
- Once all tortillas are filled, use your remaining sauce to drizzle over your tortillas.
- Cover your baking tray with foil and bake for 30 minutes until piping hot. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake for 5 more minutes. Remove from the oven, and leave to stand for ten minutes before serving.
Ready to dish up? Serve your super easy enchiladas with a healthy side salad and some spicy rice.
Easy peasy. Ready to try making our simple enchilada recipe yourself? Don’t forget to pick up everything you need from your local convenience store.
*Recipe adapted from Foodista, licensed under CC BY 3.0.