Looking to add a spicy twist to your leftover mince? Here’s our quick tutorial on how to make enchiladas with minced beef – a quick and easy recipe that’s perfect for those mid-week dinners!
At a Glance
How To Make Enchiladas At Home
This easy beef enchiladas recipe is topped with a sumptuous enchilada sauce, sprinkled with cheddar cheese and filled with a delicious beef mince enchiladas mixture guaranteed to leave you craving seconds.
What you'll need:
- 600g SPAR minced beef
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 peppers, sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp chilli powder
- ½tsp paprika
- 1tsp onion powder
- ½tsp ground cumin
- 400g tin of black beans or kidney beans, drained
- 600ml passata or chopped tomatoes
- 75g mature cheddar, grated
- 8 medium tortillas
- In a large pan, fry the mince until brown. Remove from the pan and leave aside on kitchen paper to drain.
- Wipe out the pan and then heat up the vegetable oil. Throw in the onion and peppers and fry for 10 minutes or until they’ve softened. Add half the red chilli, the garlic and the chipotle paste and fry for three minutes or so, continuously stirring to stop it catching.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚
- Pop the mince back in the pan and add the beans, then pour in 200ml of the passata. Add half of the remaining passata into a baking dish.
- Evenly divide the mince mixture between the tortillas and roll up. Then place them in the baking dish, fold side down.
- Spoon over the rest of the passata and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy your satisfyingly spicy, sumptuously saucy beef enchiladas.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!