- Slice halloumi into 1 cm thick slices. You will need 2 – 3 slices per halloumi burger.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms, adding salt and pepper to taste, until they are browned then remove from pan and set aside.
- Place semolina into a shallow bowl, season, and mix.
- Dip halloumi into the egg and then the semolina, ensuring that it is coated.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the pan and fry the halloumi on medium-high heat until golden on each side.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the brioche buns.
- Top the buns with the lettuce, mushrooms, and onions.
- Once cooked, place the halloumi slices on top. Add any optional sauces and the put on the tops of the buns.
- Relax and enjoy your delicious crispy halloumi burger. (Maybe even pair it with something from our award-winning drinks selection!)
Tips & Tweaks:
Our halloumi burger recipe is extremely flexible, meaning you can tweak it however you’d like! For example, if you’d prefer a battered halloumi burger (yum!), simply replace the semolina, salt, and pepper with a batter of your choosing.
Craving your own halloumi burger? Pop into your local SPAR to pick up all your ingredients. Need more veggie BBQ inspiration? Check out our Carrot Hot Dogs. For more foodie ideas and regular SPAR updates, sign up to our E-Newsletter.