- Remove your meat from the roasting tin and place on a plate to rest.
- Drain the fat from the tin, leaving about 1-2 tablespoons of juices.
- Add 1 heaped tablespoon of plain flour to the meat drippings and mix well with a wooden spoon. Top tip: Break up all the bits at the bottom of the tin into the mixture to make your homemade gravy extra tasty.
- Break 2 stock cubes into the mix and stir.
- Gradually add 2-3 ladles of hot water. You can use the boiled water from your veg or potatoes to add an extra depth of flavour. Mix well with a whisk to get rid of any lumps.
- Put the roasting tray on the hob on a gentle heat, whisking all the time. The mixture will begin to thicken, so add extra water until your easy gravy reaches a nice consistency. Then bring to a gentle simmer. Top tip: Added too much water and wondering how to thicken gravy quickly? Mix together a small amount of corn-starch with water until smooth and mix it into your homemade gravy – it’ll thicken up in no time!
- Add a few drops of gravy browning, especially if you’re serving up dark meat.
Learning how to make gravy is simple with our easy gravy recipe, and it certainly won’t disappoint. Better yet, pick up your ingredients from your local SPAR, where you’ll find a wide selection of fresh deals and groceries. For more fun foodie inspiration, sign up to our E-newsletter to receive our latest recipes, seasonal guides, deals and competitions – you won’t want to miss out!