Cook Time: 10 mins
A fun way to make up your weekend’s breakfast or brunch, try out this gluten free French toast strips recipe, a great alternative to the usual scrambled eggs.
What you'll need
Schär gluten and wheat free Wholesome White Loaf
2 medium eggs
50 ml milk
¼ tsp cinnamon, ground
½ tsp vanilla extract
25 g butter
25 g raspberries or strawberries
25 g blueberries
2 tbsp SPAR maple syrup or honey
1. Beat the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla together in a shallow dish.
2. Heat the butter in a large frying pan over a moderate heat.
3. Cut the slices of bread in half and pass through the egg mixture ensuring that both sides are well coated and the bread is saturated with the egg mixture.
4. Place into the frying pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes, turn over with a fish slice and cook the other side, repeat until all the egg mixture has been used.
5. To serve cut the French toast into finger sticks and divide between 2 plates, add the fresh raspberries and blueberries.
6. Drizzle over the maple syrup and serve.