When it comes to a healthy breakfast that keeps you full until lunch, this vegan twist on the nation’s favourite breakfast is the way to start your morning before work or school.
Cook Time: 5 mins
A delicious apple porridge with Alpro Almond Unsweetened and a twist of mint.
What you'll need
- 1/2 apple
- 1 fresh lemon
- 250ml Alpro Almond Unsweetened
- 75g porridge oats
- Pinch of cinnamon
- A handful of fresh mint, chopped
- Whole, skin on almonds, chopped
- Sprigs of mint
- Core and finely chop the apple and squeeze a little lemon juice over it.
- Pour the Alpro Almond Unsweetened into a small pan with a pinch of cinnamon and the porridge oats.
- Cook for 3 minutes, remove from the heat, sweeten with honey and add the freshly chopped mint. Leave to cool for a minute.
- Divide the apple between 4 bowls, pour the porridge over it and then sprinkle on the chopped almonds. Add a sprig of mint as a final flourish.