1. Start by melting your butter in a pan or wok before adding your chopped onion, cardamom and turmeric. Cook until the onion starts to brown slightly.
2. Add your rice and coat with your butter and spice mixture. Next, add your chicken stock and stir once. Now cover to cook for 15-20 minutes.
3. While the rice is cooking, bring two pans of water to the boil – one for your fish and one for your eggs.
4. Boil your haddock for 5 mins. Once boiled, drain your fish and begin to flake it with a fork, removing the skin and any excess bones.
5. Boil your eggs for 8 minutes for hard boiled, or less if you want your yolk a little runny. Once done, peel and slice.
6. Now, remove your cardamom pod and add your flaked fish and peeled boiled egg into your rice mixture for 3-4 minutes.
7. Once all your stock has been absorbed, you’re ready to serve. Simply add a sprig of fresh parsley, and plate up!
For a weekend breakfast with a difference, making Kedgeree at home is quick, easy and delicious. Pop to your nearest convenience store to grab everything you need for a flavoursome, healthy Anglo-Indian dish worth trying.
*Recipe adapted from Foodista, licensed under CC BY 3.0.