- Preheat your grill (or barbecue if you fancy!).
- Place the mango chicken sizzlers onto the grill, evenly spaced and leave for 2 minutes. No need to add any oil.
- Whilst the sizzlers start to sear, grate your cheese.
- Return to the grill and turn your chicken. Continue to turn 4-5 times every few minutes until the chicken is evenly coloured and fully cooked.
- Take your peppers and stand them on their stalks. Place your knife near the centre of the pepper and slice vertically down each of the 4 edges, keeping clear of the seeds and core, to leave 4 even sized pieces. Brush gently with olive oil and add to the grill, turning regularly until softened and charred.
- Put your tortillas in the microwave and heat for no more than 40 seconds.
- Slice both your chicken and peppers into thin strips.
- Take your warmed tortillas and gently sprinkle a handful of grated cheese in the centre. Top with equal amounts of chicken, both colours of pepper, a spoon of salsa and sour cream, then fold.
- Place 2 fajitas on each plate and serve with a portion of mixed salad leaves.
This is one of the simpler, healthy summer recipes. These easy chicken fajitas are a fun and vibrant meal choice and great for a small gathering, as once the chicken and peppers are cooked, you could leave all toppings and tortillas in the centre of the table for everyone to build their own. Our mango and coconut chicken sizzlers are in store now making this simple fajita recipe, even easier.
Looking for more easy summer dinner recipes? Pop down to your local SPAR and get some inspiration. Or sign up to our E-Newsletter for regular recipe updates and foodie inspiration!
*Recipe adapted from Foodista, licensed under CC BY 3.0.