- Prepare the veggie burger patty mix by mashing your cooked black beans together in a bowl.
- Then, add the rest of your ingredients (bar the olive oil).
- Combine all the ingredients together until they’re well mixed.
- Start to form your patties – you should get around 6-8 burgers out of this recipe, depending on how big or small you want them! Top tip: Keep a bowl of cold water next to you and dip your fingertips in between each patty to keep the mixture from sticking.
- Now it’s time to cook your mushroom and black bean burgers! If you’re not throwing them on the BBQ, add some olive oil to a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add in your veggie burger patties – 4 at a time should do the trick. Fry them for 5 minutes per side.
- And serve! Plate up your mushroom burgers with a side salad or pop them in a soft bun with some spicy relish and lettuce leaves.
Fancy giving our veggie burger recipe a go? Head down to your local SPAR to pick up all the ingredients. Looking for more veggie BBQ inspiration? Try out our vegetarian stuffed peppers. For more foodie ideas and regular SPAR updates, sign up to our E-newsletter.