- Put your potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Over a high heat, bring the pan to a boil. Then, reduce the heat and simmer the potatoes for just under 10 minutes, or until the edges start to soften.
- While your potatoes are bubbling away in the pan, add your goose or duck fat to a large roasting tin and heat it in the oven for around 10 minutes.
- Drain your potatoes in a colander. Shake them up well to scruff up the edges – the fluffier, the better! And don’t worry if they start to break up a bit, this just means they’ll absorb more fat and you’ll end up with extra crispy roast potatoes (and who doesn’t want that?!).
- Carefully transfer your potatoes over to the goose fat roasting tin. Cover them with the fat before putting them in the oven.
- Let the potatoes cook for around half an hour, until golden brown and completely crisp.
Top tip: To get the perfect roast potatoes, turn them a couple of times towards the end to make sure all sides are cooked well.
- It’s time to serve! Sprinkle your crispy roast potatoes with the salt flakes, plate up with some Yorkshire puddings, veg and your choice of meat, and you’re good to go.
And that’s how to make the perfect roast potato! Your Sunday dinner will come out perfectly every time with this crispy roast potato recipe. Pick up all the deals and groceries you need for your roast dinner at your local SPAR – from fresh meat and veg, to the perfect sides and delicious desserts. Hungry for more? Sign up to our E-newsletter to receive all the fun foodie updates, recipes, competitions and much more.