- Put the rice in a saucepan and wash until the water runs clear. Add just enough water to come 1cm/½in above the rice. Stirring all the time, place on a high heat (stirring will ensure that the rice doesn’t settle on the base). Once it comes to the boil, leave it to simmer on a medium heat until all the water has evaporated. Pop the lid on and leave on the lowest setting to steam (about 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile gather together everything you need to make your bowl.
- Firstly, make the sauce by mixing together the mayonnaise, soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce, Sriracha, lemon juice and black pepper.
- Once the rice has steamed, mix the vinegar, salt and sugar in a small bowl, then pour over the rice and stir through.
- Remove the skin and season the fillet with salt and pepper. Chop up the salmon into cubes. Put a drizzle of olive oil in a pan and the butter and swirl around on a medium heat. Once the butter starts bubbling and is nice and hot add in your salmon pieces and fry until crisp. Transfer the salmon pieces onto a plate and leave to cool before mixing it in the sauce & adding it to your bowl.
- Divide the rice between two bowls and start adding all the different finishing ingredients. The salmon first, then the avocado, pickled red cabbage, carrot and peanuts. Sprinkle with the spring onions, sesame, add a sprinkling of black pepper, and serve.
And that’s our salmon salad poke bowl recipe – all the restaurant quality but made in your own home! Pick up the ingredients from your local SPAR and enjoy. It’s the perfect dish if you’re looking to cut down on calories, so, try out our healthy salmon dish and salad – the whole family will love it! Need more foodie inspiration? Sign up to our E-newsletter for some more delicious surprises – from seasonal recipes and guides, to our latest deals and competitions.