Planning a dinner party and want to impress your guests? We’ve got just the thing! Our vegetable lasagne recipe caters for those who are gluten-free and vegetarian, so why not give it a try? Follow these simple steps and watch our YouTube video to find out how to make this tasty treat!
Watch our vegetable lasagne recipe come to life
How To Make This Healthy Vegetable Lasagne
To make this vegetable lasagne recipe, you’ll need:
- 5 Courgettes
- 300g of Ricotta Cheese (or cream cheese as substitute)
- 300g of Mozzarella Cheese
- 25g of Parmesan Cheese (make sure it’s vegetarian to make it a fully tasty vegetarian lasagne recipe!)
- 1 large egg
- 60g of chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp of chopped basil
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- ½ a small onion
- ½ a tsp of dried oregano
- 1 pinch of crushed chilli pepper
- 1 tsp of fresh thyme
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 400g of canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to season
When making this courgette lasagne recipe, you’ll have to follow these steps:
- Prepare the courgettes. Slice longways and lay them out in a dish. Apply salt and let them sit for 15 – 20 minutes. Once left for this long, place the slices on a kitchen towel and then pat them dry with another kitchen towel. This will help draw out the moisture from the courgette, making sure you’re left with a little crunch instead of a squishy mess!
- Prepare the filling. Pour the ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan into a large bowl – leave some mozzarella and parmesan to sprinkle over the top. Next, add the egg, the chopped spinach and basil, then mix! Once the mixture is ready, add two tbsps of the filling to each slice of courgette, then roll them up.
- Make the sauce. Heat up the olive oil in a large pan. When this has warmed up, place the onions, oregano, chilli powder, thyme and crushed garlic to the pan. Fry until the onions have softened, add the whole can of chopped tomatoes and balsamic vinegar then stir to mix all the ingredients. Once this is done, leave to simmer for 15 – 20 minutes. Whilst this is simmering, preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Prepare the dish. Now your courgette rolls are finished and the tomato sauce has simmered, pour all of the sauce into an oven proof dish. Next, place the courgette rolls on top of the sauce then sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan, then bake for 30 – 40 minutes!
Find your local SPAR