If you’re hosting a party this summer, make sure you’ve got some vegetarian party food for your veggie friends! Whether you’re meat-free yourself and want some inspiration or you’re struggling to think about what to make for your pals – we’ve got your back. From taste-bud tingling spicy nachos, to southern fried cauliflower ‘wings’, find something suitable for the whole gang here. Explore our tasty vegetarian party food ideas below!
Discover Our Vegetarian Party Food Ideas
Spicy Salsa Nachos
Fan of Mexican food? This one’s for you. To make our spicy salsa nachos, here’s what to do:
- In a deep baking dish, cover the bottom with a layer of tortilla crisps and add a generous amount of salsa and grated cheese over the top – then repeat with another layer.
- Place in the oven at 180°C for 10-15 minutes (or until the cheese has melted).
- Once baked, add a few dollops of sour cream, a sprinkling of chopped coriander and some sliced jalapenos – then you’re done! A Mexican feast suitable for the finest fiesta.
Stuffed Potato Skins
Another one of our top veggie party food ideas is stuffed potato skins. Super easy to make and popular with guests:
- Pierce your potatoes with a fork and rub with olive oil, salt and pepper. Then pop them in a preheated oven at 200°C for about an hour.
- Once cooked and cool enough to touch, scoop out the filling. Replace with passata, chopped tomatoes, a sprinkling of oregano and grated mozzarella.
- Place under a hot grill until the cheese has melted and slightly crispy - and voila! Scrummy and simple to make, these are sure to go down a treat with your friends and family.
Southern Fried Cauliflower
Suitable for vegans and veggies, this American inspired dish is totally irresistible. To make this tasty treat, here’s what to do:
- Cut one small cauliflower into large florets, drizzle with olive oil, and bake in the oven at 180°C for 30 – 35 minutes. Once done, let them cool while prepping the batter.
- To make the batter, sift 225g of self-raising flour, 1 tbsp of paprika, 1 tsp of pepper, 2 tsp of garlic powder and ½ a tsp of cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt onto a large plate.
- In a separate bowl, stir in 1 cup of unsweetened vegan milk, a tbsp of apple cider vinegar and a ¼ cup of hot sauce. Mix 2 tsp of cornstarch in a mug with a small amount of the mixture to avoid lumps and then add to the bowl.
- In a deep pan, heat up 6 cups of vegetable oil until bubbling. Once heated, begin battering the singular florets with the milk mixture and the spices and repeat before placing in the fryer. Fry about 5 pieces at a time until the florets are gold in colour and crispy.
- When all the florets have been battered and fried, blot them with kitchen roll to absorb any excess oil – then serve with a dip of your choice (or as many as you like!)
Mini Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
Looking for easy vegetarian party food ideas? Our mini bruschetta recipe offers just that. To make this Italian finger food, just follow these steps:
- Slice a French baguette into pieces about 2-3 inches thick. Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle with some salt. Place under a grill until the edges are golden brown.
- In a bowl, mix chopped cherry tomatoes, sliced shallots, and some oregano and basil. Then add a small amount of balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once all mixed together, top the slices with the tomato mix and add any other toppings of your choice (mozzarella cheese or avocado are a great addition!)
Greek Flatbread Pizzas
A guaranteed crowd-pleaser! Try this Mediterranean fusion dish inspired by both Greek and Italian delicacies, perfect for parties in the sun. Find out how to make our Greek flatbread pizzas below:
- Grab your flatbreads and brush them with olive oil before baking in the oven for 10 minutes at 180°C.
- For the toppings, mix some Greek yoghurt, grated cucumber, a squeeze of lemon, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Once mixed together, spread over your baked flatbreads.
- Roughly chop up some cherry tomatoes, fresh oregano and slice black olives in half. Drizzle with olive oil and add some salt, then place the mix on each of the flatbreads.
- To top it all off, just crumble over some feta and chilli flakes then you’re finished!
Tasty Tofu Skewers
A favourite among vegans and meat-eaters, our protein packed vegetarian finger food is ideal for your pals this summer. To make our tasty tofu skewers, just follow these simple instructions:
- First things first, you need to press your tofu. To do this, you’ll need to place the tofu between two paper towels on a plate and place a chopping board on top. Then in order to get rid of the excess water, put something heavy on the chopping board i.e a big book or some food cans.
- Once your tofu has been pressed for 30 minutes, cut into cubes. In a large bowl, marinate in soy sauce and minced garlic.
- Next slice some courgette, yellow peppers and red onions so that they’re all the same size. Stick both the tofu and vegetables on skewers and place in a sizzling hot pan with some olive oil. Cook for a few minutes on each side until the peppers begin to char and the tofu is golden brown.
- When the skewers are done, season with salt and pepper, brush with some barbecue sauce and then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Now you know all of our vegetarian party food ideas, it’s time to get cooking! Just make sure you have all the ingredients you need from your local SPAR. If you fancy making some sweet treats too, check out our vegan brownies with walnuts or our easy apple crumble recipe.
Find your local SPAR
Find your local SPAR