Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
Scottish wholesaler and retailer CJ Lang and Son Limited in partnership with Gatechurch has won a Scottish Green Apple Environment Award for Environmental Best Practice in 2021.
Beating off some 200 nominations the company will presented with their trophy and certificate at a glittering presentation ceremony in March later this year. As a result of this Green Apple Award success, CJ Lang has been invited to have their winning paper published in The Green Book, the leading international work of reference on environmental best practice, so that others around the world can follow their example and learn from their achievement.
Colin Chapman, Distribution Director said: “We’re absolutely delighted to have received this Green Apple Award. Our internal teams have been working tirelessly on environmental and CSR initiatives for many years. This award goes some way to recognising all their hard work.”
The Green Apple Awards began in 1994 and have become established as the country’s leading awards for environmental endeavour among companies, councils, communities and countries. The awards are organised by The Green Organisation - an international, independent, non-political, non-profit environment group dedicated to recognising, rewarding and promoting environmental best practice around the world. The Green Apple Awards are supported by the Environment Agency, the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, the Chartered Institution for Wastes Management and other independent bodies.
CJ Lang established a Green Team in 2019. Working in partnership with Gatechurch and the Community Fridge that opened in August 2019, they have achieved:
- Saved almost 67 tonnes of food from going to waste
- Carbon emission savings of 244 tonnes CO2e
- Helped over 2,600 families and individuals
- Received on average 100 visitors per day
- Given out the equivalent of 37,000 meals
Find your local SPAR