Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
- SPAR Scotland rolls out new food-to-go brand, CJ's
- £10k Quids In Winner Announced
- SPAR's Virtual Conference
- SPAR Haworth re-opens
- SPAR Wins Big
- The future of convenience is with SPAR
- SPAR Scotland & Scottish FA
- Wellbank welcomes SPAR store
- SPAR Scotland unveils new lorry designed by 8 year old
- Community Cashback Winners Announced
- SPAR Moffat Driven to Success
- SPAR Scotland Ready For More
- SPAR Scotland Launches Euros Campaign
- Record Sales with CJ's
- SPAR Scotland trials fruit campaign
- The First SPAR UK Fresh Concept Store Opens in NI
- SPAR Scotland launch driver apprenticeship scheme
- Blakemore Retail Launches First SPAR Market Store
- Roadchef chooses EDGEPoS for its SPAR stores
- SPAR celebrates opening in Blantyre
- CJ Lang Receives RoSPA Award
- SPAR MD Louise Hoste Announced as New Chair of ACS
- The Convenience Awards 2021 winners revealed
SPAR Scotland, the leading convenience store group in Scotland, launched its second Community Cashback campaign in March to giveaway over £30,000 to community groups and charities who provide a variety of worthwhile services to communities around the country.
SPAR Scotland is delighted to announce the results of the Community Cashback campaign which received over 10,000 votes. Launched on 1st March 2021, the campaign ran until 9th May 2021. Customers, store staff and SPAR Scotland employees could nominate a local charity or community group for the chance to win a share of the money.
The campaign took place in all 107 SPAR Scotland company-owned stores. The winning groups will now share the £30,000 with the 24 winning charities winning 24 monetary prizes ranging from £750 to £2,000 which was distributed in May. One charity which will really benefit from the £2,000 donation is the Life Challenge Outreach project based in Buckie in the north east of Scotland.
John Coppard from the charity said: “I want to thank all the SPAR customers for the nomination and the wonderful donation of £2,000 to our charity Life Challenge Outreach. This donation is very timely as our funds have dwindled to an all-time low. This injection of funds will allow us to get the bus out so we can reconnect with people with addictions.”
Life Challenge Outreach acquired a big green bus which hosts many people from the local community looking for help with addictions and other issues. It acts as a drop in service within a non-judgemental environment and people who need help can visit and speak to someone in confidence. The charity offers hope to a number of vulnerable people who have problems with substance abuse or mental health issues.
The bus is run by volunteers and it gives local people who need help a chance to meet in a safe environment. Advice, support and help are provided. John added: “We are so grateful to receive this donation. Due to the pandemic all our fundraising plans disappeared. It has been difficult to keep going especially at the time when people need our help the most. This donation from SPAR Scotland gives me hope for the future and will make the world of difference to the local people of Buckie who need us.”
Colin McLean, CEO of SPAR Scotland, said: “We are pleased to have received such a great response to our Community Cashback campaign. However to have over 10,000 people vote in areas all over Scotland to win a share of the £30,000 is overwhelming and demonstrates how important it is to continue to look after small charities in local areas.
“We set up the Community Cashback campaign to recognise the work many groups and charities are doing to support people in local communities around Scotland. During the pandemic we have seen how local community groups and charities have suffered and we hope the winners can benefit in some small way from the donation,” he added.
Four winners were chosen in each of the six areas from around Scotland. Winners were invited to a local SPAR store to collect their cheque.
A full list of winners can be found on the SPAR Scotland Website.
Find your local SPAR