Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
Quinn’s SPAR Group, who own two SPAR stores in Cookstown, Co Tyrone in Northern Ireland, has served over 6,000 home deliveries in ten months since setting up the dedicated service for the local community.
Martina Kilpatrick, co-owner, began home deliveries in April last year for those living in the Cookstown area. She said: “We introduced Appetite to our stores offer shortly after the initial national lockdown in April 2020. The service was established as a community service during the lockdown for the vulnerable and self-isolating and for those who wanted the local service they were used to from visiting the Quinn’s Group of stores.
“From the start our home deliveries quickly grew, peaking at £21,101 for the month of May. Our delivery service is available from 10am to 10pm Monday – Sunday and we do find that the majority of our orders are placed for same day delivery.”
Appetite is one of the only worldwide home delivery, click n collect and food-to-go apps that can be fully linked with the EDGEPoS EPOS system, ensuring live stock reporting on the app and on EDGEPoS back office at the same time. The implementation of the app in both stores has been a huge success. Martina advises that approximately 90% of Appetite users are new customers, having never previously visited the stores.
She said: “The average basket in Westland Road SPAR is £54.00, but the Appetite orders range from £30.00 to £250.00 per transaction. 85% of orders received are home delivery versus 15% click n collect, with Friday and Saturday being the busiest in app order days. We are providing a unique local and community service to our loyal shoppers and that’s why they keep shopping with us,” she added.
Appetite home delivery, click n collect and hot food app is now available across the UK with more retailers due to go live with the technology over the coming weeks.
Find your local SPAR