Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
SPAR wholesaler for the north of England, James Hall & Co., has decorated ten of its double decker Spar trucks with rainbows of hope, in support of Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and NHS staff up and down the country.
As well as spreading hope and positivity, the rainbows also celebrate a partnership between Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and James Hall & Co., who donated £250,000 to Royal Preston Hospital, for a state of the art relaxation and recuperation centre to be developed for NHS staff working at the hospital.
This generous donation will enable the refurbishment of current facilities at Royal Preston Hospital, with the addition of sleep PODS for staff finishing long shifts, yoga zones and an outdoor patio area for staff to enjoy.
Karen Partington, chief executive at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, said: “We are delighted to see the rainbows adorning James Hall & Co. trucks in support of our hospitals and the wider NHS! They serve as an uplifting reminder that we will continue to provide excellent care throughout and beyond the pandemic, as well as symbolising what we as a community have been through this year. This is yet another example of the generosity of James Hall & Co., following their incredible donation to our hospitals back in May. Thank you!”
Andrew Hall, managing director at James Hall & Co., said: “Many of our staff and their families live in and around Preston and have a special connection with Lancashire Teaching Hospitals. We wanted to provide a legacy for NHS staff that would reach far beyond coronavirus, and provide some respite from the challenging work they face on a daily basis.
“Rainbows of hope have become synonymous with the coronavirus crisis. Together with Lancashire Teaching Hospitals, we loved the idea that this symbol could travel thousands of miles across the north of England, journeying from our Preston depot to over 600 SPAR stores across the north of the England.
“We hope that these rainbows will spread positivity and bring a smile to anyone who sees them.”
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals Charity is the Trust’s official charity, which relies on the support of local people and businesses, such as James Hall & Co., to provide the added extras at Royal Preston Hospital and Chorley and South Ribble Hospital which go above and beyond what the NHS can provide.
Paula Wilson, head of charities and fundraising at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, said: “The Lancashire Teaching Hospitals Charity has had the pleasure of working with James Hall & Co. for a while now, and we are so very grateful for this wonderfully colourful gesture! The trucks look amazing, and we’re sure they will spread some joy when out on deliveries. This organisation has contributed an amazing sum of money to our hospitals through the charity, and we will ensure it goes towards facilities and projects that bring hope and happiness to our staff, just as these rainbows will.”
Find your local SPAR