Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
- SPAR Scotland rolls out new food-to-go brand, CJ's
- £10k Quids In Winner Announced
- SPAR's Virtual Conference
- SPAR Haworth re-opens
- SPAR Wins Big
- The future of convenience is with SPAR
- SPAR Scotland & Scottish FA
- Wellbank welcomes SPAR store
- SPAR Scotland unveils new lorry designed by 8 year old
- Community Cashback Winners Announced
- SPAR Moffat Driven to Success
- SPAR Scotland Ready For More
- SPAR Scotland Launches Euros Campaign
- Record Sales with CJ's
- SPAR Scotland trials fruit campaign
- The First SPAR UK Fresh Concept Store Opens in NI
- SPAR Scotland launch driver apprenticeship scheme
- Blakemore Retail Launches First SPAR Market Store
- Roadchef chooses EDGEPoS for its SPAR stores
- SPAR celebrates opening in Blantyre
- CJ Lang Receives RoSPA Award
- SPAR MD Louise Hoste Announced as New Chair of ACS
- The Convenience Awards 2021 winners revealed
Locals, commuters and holiday makers will all be able to enjoy the new SPAR forecourt which has just opened on the High Street in Moffat, a thriving town with a rich history and warm welcome. With an excellent location as a central point to explore Dumfries and Galloway and the Scottish Borders, the 1000 sq. ft store and petrol station is the most recent addition to SPAR Scotland’s growing estate of independent stores. Working with wholesaler CJ Lang & Son Ltd, retailer Sai Elaprolu chose to join SPAR Scotland based on their shared values, quality and a passion for serving communities.
Independent retailer Sai Elaprolu said: “We had passion for retail and customer services which is where we started our career. The team at CJ Lang have supported us right from day one and they are a bunch of flexible people who will go above and beyond to work with the retailers.
“Many of those whom we dealt with at CJ Lang have come from the shop floor themselves and the knowledge they bring to the table is invaluable. As we are a forecourt, we deal with many third parties, but CJ Lang are the most approachable and you don't feel like you’re dealing with a system or process. Instead, a human is listening to you.
“SPAR Scotland has been supportive in all aspects of onboarding, refit and the launch process. I would like to thank them for all their support and look forward to working with them.”
The site was in poor condition when Sai took over, completely the opposite to what he had bought previously. Working with the CJ Lang team they have addressed all aspects of the refit, from sourcing to designing the layout and décor. The licensed store now provides desirable Food-to-Go options such as Smokin’ Bean Coffee, Rollover hotdogs and Tango Ice Blast, as well as services such as Lottery and PayPoint.
Sai said: “I cannot thank the Sales Team at CJ Lang enough for their support and the work to get us to this date. They’ve used every opportunity to pop over and spend their time in setting up planograms, help with stock and get me comfortable with SPAR processes.
“Since we have opened the doors there has been a positive reception in the community.”
Mike Leonard, Sales Director for SPAR Scotland, said: “It is amazing to hear such great feedback from Sai about the hard working members of our team and how they’ve all ensured the joining process is as smooth and efficient as possible for our independent retailers.
“My thanks to the SPAR Scotland team for all of their hard work and I wish Sai every success in his new venture.”
Find your local SPAR