Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
- SPAR Scotland rolls out new food-to-go brand, CJ's
- £10k Quids In Winner Announced
- SPAR's Virtual Conference
Redistributing surplus stock with Too Good To Go
James Hall & Co., SPAR wholesaler for the north of England, has launched a new partnership with self-declared waste warriors, Too Good To Go.
This new partnership provides a creative solution to preventing in-store food waste, allowing SPAR customers to purchase ‘magic bags’ of miscellaneous surplus stock, close to the end of its shelf life but still within its best before date.
The Too Good To Go app allows users to search for a store taking part in the scheme, providing businesses with a platform to reach those passionate about preventing food waste and eager to access delicious, unwanted food at a marked down price.
Julie McAulay, Company Stores Director at James Hall & Co. said, “As a grocery business, we try to minimise food waste wherever possible and donate unavoidable surplus stock to local charities and food banks.
“We already work with over 70 food banks across the north of England but have found logistical challenges exist when donating fresh food as many organisations do not have the required refrigeration facilities to store or transport fresh food safely.
“Searching for a solution, James Hall & Co.’s corporate social responsibility team approached Too Good To Go and we are delighted to announce that from the 14th September, we will trial the scheme in ten of our company owned stores in Lancashire and Merseyside (SPAR G&E Murgatroyd).”
Julie explained, “This new initiative will complement our current food bank collections and will ensure that we can safely re-distribute all forms of surplus stock for individuals and families across Lancashire and Merseyside. If the scheme is a success, we hope to roll out the initiative across our company owned stores division.”
The new scheme will be trialled in ten of James Hall & Co.’s company owned stores; SPAR Birkdale; SPAR Cambridge Rd; SPAR Leyland; SPAR Newton-le-Willows; SPAR Ormskirk; SPAR Poulton; SPAR Prescot Rd; SPAR Roe Lane; SPAR Warton and SPAR Bispham Road.
Find your local SPAR