Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
- SPAR Scotland rolls out new food-to-go brand, CJ's
- £10k Quids In Winner Announced
- SPAR's Virtual Conference
- SPAR Haworth re-opens
- SPAR Wins Big
- The future of convenience is with SPAR
- SPAR Scotland & Scottish FA
- Wellbank welcomes SPAR store
- SPAR Scotland unveils new lorry designed by 8 year old
- Community Cashback Winners Announced
- SPAR Moffat Driven to Success
- SPAR Scotland Ready For More
- SPAR Scotland Launches Euros Campaign
- Record Sales with CJ's
- SPAR Scotland trials fruit campaign
- The First SPAR UK Fresh Concept Store Opens in NI
- SPAR Scotland launch driver apprenticeship scheme
- Blakemore Retail Launches First SPAR Market Store
- Roadchef chooses EDGEPoS for its SPAR stores
- SPAR celebrates opening in Blantyre
- CJ Lang Receives RoSPA Award
- SPAR MD Louise Hoste Announced as New Chair of ACS
- The Convenience Awards 2021 winners revealed
- Award Winning Spirits
- Luxury Mince Pies Win BBC Good Food Award
- Healthy Living Programme
- SPAR Sandwiches Passes £600k for Marie Curie
- A.F. Blakemore & Son Well Positioned for Growth
- SPAR renews sponsorship of Lancashire School Games
- New SPAR and Shell forecourt opens
- SPAR signs deal with Burnley FC
- Royal Visit to Devizes SPAR
- SPAR Scotland and Rollover give to Marie Curie
- Win Your Shop
- SPAR Launches 100% Vegan Wine Range
- SPAR Scotland Tradeshow 2022
- SPAR supports Dynamic New Athletics Competition
- SPAR Scotland Wins Community Award
- Blackburn schools dominate Boccia tournament
- SPAR appoints new Non-Executive Chair
- SPAR Scotland launches Future Stars competition
- New concept store at SPAR Aberystwyth
- The Wall Group opens fourth SPAR NI store with £3M investment
- Scottish Independent SPAR Retailers start free fruit trials with HLP
- Blackpool hosts first indoor sports hall athletics events in three years
- A.F. Blakemore to launch an interactive augmented reality (AR) game app
- SPAR launches £100k Community Cashback scheme
- CJ Lang launch their first SPAR Market format
- The SPAR Lancashire School Games baton reached Burnley
- Blakemore Retail Opens New Purpose-Built SPAR in Spalding
- SPAR Scotland commences major store development programme
- SPAR own label expands for summer BBQs
- James Hall & Co. Ltd expands its greener fleet
- SPAR Scotland’s Future Stars Cup celebrates return to action
- Winter Gardens crowd are wowed by talent at SPAR Lancashire School Games Dance Finals
- SPAR Retail Show 2022: New World, New Opportunities
- SPAR launches new partnership with Deliveroo
- SPAR Scotland relaunches seasonal showcase stores at Balmacara and Spean Bridge
- James Hall & Co. Ltd holds social event with SPAR retailers in Chester
- Hundreds of retailers attend supplier-packed GAP Convenience Distribution Ltd tradeshow
‘New World, New Opportunities’ was the key theme lighting up the room at Blakemore Trade Partners’ SPAR Retail Show this year.
The Blakemore Trade Partners (BTP) conference and tradeshow took place at Telford International Centre on 16th June and attracted over 1,000 suppliers, colleagues and retailers from across SPAR UK’s Meridian & Welsh Guild.
The event addressed the exciting opportunities ahead for independent retailers and how SPAR and Blakemore Trade Partners are uniquely positioned to help them take advantage.
A.F. Blakemore Group CEO Jerry Marwood explained: “I believe we run our business and our business partnerships in a way that’s different from our competitors.
“SPAR is a truly independent brand working solely to drive sales for independent retailers. We’re here only to support your desire to be a successful independent business.
“If ever there was a time to be part of a collective like SPAR, then it’s now. All over the UK and all over the world other SPAR retailers are working through problems and sharing solutions – there is no other network like this.”
New this year, BTP Commercial Director Louis Drake announced a Stock and Sell scheme to help retailers increase sales and profit. By signing up and implementing a core range of products, retailers serviced by Blakemore Trade Partners can receive free stock to the retail value of £10,000 per store, collectively benefiting from a profit injection of more than £2.8 million this financial year.
Delegates also heard about the opportunities in home delivery, and SPAR operators Dean Holborn and Elfed Roberts spoke about the tangible business benefits of retailers getting involved in their local communities.
Linked in with this, SPAR UK Managing Director Louise Hoste talked about the Joy of Living Locally brand positioning specifically SPAR’s Community Cashback Scheme, which has awarded £100,000 to local good causes this year, innovation in store formats and the strength of the SPAR brand range – award winning and exclusive to SPAR retailers.
SPAR International Managing Director Tobias Wasmuht highlighted how all opportunities will be underpinned by the strength of the SPAR brand. SPAR is one of the most recognised names in the convenience market and the only independent retail organisation that is truly international, with more than 13,600 stores in 48 countries. Global retail sales grew 3.3% to €41.2 billion in 2021.
Excitingly, collective buying across the world has now bought SPAR retailers in the UK a brand-new ‘No1’ value range. Exclusive to symbol group members, it provides shoppers with an even wider choice of quality everyday essentials at great prices.
A key focus of the show was innovation in store development. Retailer Ian Lewis inspired delegates with how he has embraced the SPAR Market format at his Minster Lovell store. Growing fresh participation has increased retail sales by 15% since 2017.
Meanwhile, retailer Tristan King enthused delegates with how he has developed his own food-to-go brand, Kings Kitchen, with support from the Blakemore team.
Addressing his fellow retailers, King said: “Always look ahead positively; there is always opportunity. In Blakemore Trade Partners we all work with a partner that is prepared to support us with their expertise, manpower and investment. So, make sure you are fully engaged and use all the help, advice, and investment that is available to help you make the most of your opportunity.”
Find your local SPAR