Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
- SPAR Scotland rolls out new food-to-go brand, CJ's
- £10k Quids In Winner Announced
- SPAR's Virtual Conference
- SPAR Haworth re-opens
- SPAR Wins Big
- The future of convenience is with SPAR
- SPAR Scotland & Scottish FA
- Wellbank welcomes SPAR store
- SPAR Scotland unveils new lorry designed by 8 year old
- Community Cashback Winners Announced
- SPAR Moffat Driven to Success
- SPAR Scotland Ready For More
- SPAR Scotland Launches Euros Campaign
- Record Sales with CJ's
- SPAR Scotland trials fruit campaign
- The First SPAR UK Fresh Concept Store Opens in NI
- SPAR Scotland launch driver apprenticeship scheme
- Blakemore Retail Launches First SPAR Market Store
- Roadchef chooses EDGEPoS for its SPAR stores
- SPAR celebrates opening in Blantyre
- CJ Lang Receives RoSPA Award
- SPAR MD Louise Hoste Announced as New Chair of ACS
- The Convenience Awards 2021 winners revealed
- Award Winning Spirits
- Luxury Mince Pies Win BBC Good Food Award
- Healthy Living Programme
- SPAR Sandwiches Passes £600k for Marie Curie
- A.F. Blakemore & Son Well Positioned for Growth
- SPAR renews sponsorship of Lancashire School Games
- New SPAR and Shell forecourt opens
- SPAR signs deal with Burnley FC
- Royal Visit to Devizes SPAR
- SPAR Scotland and Rollover give to Marie Curie
- Win Your Shop
- SPAR Launches 100% Vegan Wine Range
- SPAR Scotland Tradeshow 2022
- SPAR supports Dynamic New Athletics Competition
- SPAR Scotland Wins Community Award
- Blackburn schools dominate Boccia tournament
- SPAR appoints new Non-Executive Chair
- SPAR Scotland launches Future Stars competition
- New concept store at SPAR Aberystwyth
- The Wall Group opens fourth SPAR NI store with £3M investment
- Scottish Independent SPAR Retailers start free fruit trials with HLP
- Blackpool hosts first indoor sports hall athletics events in three years
- A.F. Blakemore to launch an interactive augmented reality (AR) game app
- SPAR launches £100k Community Cashback scheme
- CJ Lang launch their first SPAR Market format
- The SPAR Lancashire School Games baton reached Burnley
- Blakemore Retail Opens New Purpose-Built SPAR in Spalding
- SPAR Scotland commences major store development programme
- SPAR own label expands for summer BBQs
- James Hall & Co. Ltd expands its greener fleet
- SPAR Scotland’s Future Stars Cup celebrates return to action
In full support of the men’s Scottish football team and their qualification for Euro 2020, SPAR Scotland is launching a new campaign around the UEFA European Football Championship.
Kicking off on 11 June and running until the end of the tournament on 11 July 2021, SPAR Scotland will be supporting the men’s Scottish national football team with a host of activities. The theme for the campaign is called “We’re the Team to Beat this Summer” and SPAR Scotland is using every opportunity to get everyone involved.
SPAR Scotland kickstarted their Euro 2020 campaign with an exciting in-store event at SPAR Keith on 11 June. The store team dressed up and the whole event had a tartan army feel.
Goody bags were given away to customers as well as a return of the SPAR Scotland spinning wheel of fortune giving customers a chance to win prizes. Healthy Living Scotland were also there giving away free fruit to children who visited the store.
SPAR Scotland will also showcase its good luck video on social channels from 11 June with staff wishing the Scottish football team good luck ahead of their first game on 14 June.
The next set of adverts on STV will commence on 12 June and run right through until 25 June with a wide range of offers on food and drink essentials.
Colin McLean, CEO for SPAR Scotland said: “Given it is the first time the men’s Scottish football team has qualified for a major tournament in over 20 years we are going all out to support them. This is going to be a huge event in Scotland and we are very excited to play our part in creating as much noise as possible both in SPAR stores and on TV.
“We are also encouraging all our SPAR stores to get involved in a Tartan Army Day on Friday 18 June ahead of Scotland playing England at Wembley that evening. Scotland will be the team to beat this summer!
Having recently relaunched our partnership with the Scottish FA that sees us extend our sponsorship of the Scotland Women’s National Team and our grassroots initiative until 2023, it’s great to be able to add our support to the men’s national team too.”
Support across the tournament includes in-store POS, SPAR Live radio adverts, social media posts including a good luck video, free football wall chart to children who visit SPAR stores, SPAR Scotland’s very own Euro’s hub on the SPAR Scotland website which will include kids’ activities, recipes and of course competitions giving customers a chance to win some prizes.
SPAR Scotland’s ‘We’re the Team to Beat this Summer’ campaign will run from 11 June – 11 July 2021.
On June 14 Scotland host Croatia at the home of Scottish football, Hampden Park before they make the trip to Wembley Stadium to face England on June 18.
Find your local SPAR